TO "H.I.V.E. Incident Report"
Code Violation: Industrial Homicide
Casefile Status: Unsolved
Investigating Agent: Rol, P.
Team responded to report of suspicious character, criminal activity; proceeded to Sump Works, Sector 90TZ. Sector 90TZ notably absent. In its place: sinkhole, smoke, noxious fumes. Interviews with private security indicate urgent need for better private security.
Response team entered sinkhole. Toxic runoff had melted away building wreckage. Two survivors located, one partially liquefied and dripping off catwalk. Six deceased bodies found among wreckage, three of them partial; two appear to predate incident. Suspect seems to have removed jewelry, accessories, and dental implants, then sorted them into piles by color. Causes of death include acute deceleration, caustic liquidation, and/or fatal crossbow wounds. Unclear if lab's destruction was itself the perpetrator's motive or an attempt to cover tracks.
Survivor #1 (Ra Qintava, facility researcher) brought up for interview, but unable to provide statement due to 1) post-traumatic stress and 2) liquefaction of tongue and lower jaw. Awaiting toxin screen and prosthesis fitting.
Search-and-rescue discovered apparent shantytown constructed from refuse. Recovered items include:
- 57 waterlogged romance novels, illegible, with edits made in crayon
- 108 bottles, unlabeled (possible toxic runoff or discarded shampoo remnants)
- 200 pounds chewing gum (possible installation art project)
- 1 jar toenails, labeled by toe/finger, date, and mood
Survivor #2 (Valori Olant, Sludge Analyst) in recovery; regained lucidity following prolonged therapeutic electrocution. Statement transcript excerpt follows:
- V.O.: GOT TO DO SOMETHING!
- NURSE: She's lost so much blood --
- P.R.: Her co-workers lost a lot more than that --
- V.O.: IT'S STILL OUT THERE!
- P.R.: Ma'am, I need you to focus. Tell me what he looked like.
- V.O.: LIKE A RAT! (pause)
- NURSE: Like a what?
- P.R.: You mean, small? Beady-eyed? Sorta rat-faced -- ?
- V.O.: I MEAN IT LOOKED LIKE A GIANT GODSDAMN RAT! (pause) WITH A CROSSBOW! (pause)
- P.R.: (to nurse) Can we moderate her painkillers?
- V.O.: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING! IT'S A HOMICIDAL, PSYCHOPATHIC, GIANT FREAKING RAT! IN A WAISTCOAT!
- P.R.: Nurse?
- NURSE: (injecting Olant's arm with sedative) On it.
- V.O.: We were just scientists, working on refining human waste into inexpensive baby formula... [EDIT] I saw it! I don't know how else to describe this crazed, enormous RAT screaming at us! Kicking over vats! Spitting on food! [EDIT] The lab was sealed. Nowhere to run. Chemicals flooded in through the sprinklers [EDIT] I woke up in the dark. Well, the acid had melted my eyeballs. I could SMELL the twitchy bastard inches from my face. It said, "NOBODY STEALS TWITCH'S JUICE!" cackled wildly, and skittered off. I can still smell it in my mind. OH MY GODS, I CAN STILL SMELL IT!!
End transcript. At this point victim began screaming; has yet to stop.
[UPDATE: Qintava, Written Testimony]
Suspect summary, as reported:
- NAME/KNOWN ALIASES: "Twitch."
- SEX: Male (unconfirmed).
- AGE: Unknown.
- HEIGHT: 4'9" (hunched)
- WEIGHT: < 99 lbs. (wet).
- DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Is a giant rat.
- STATUS: At large; armed, extremely dangerous; DO NOT ENGAGE.
H.I.V.E - "Enforcing Progress!"
|| "The existence of Twitch proves that anything is possible on Runeterra."
|(Innate) Twitch's attacks infect the target with Deadly Venom, which deals true damage each second, stacking up to 6 times, and lasting up to 6 seconds.
| Damage per Second: 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
|(Active) After 1.25 seconds to 4.5 seconds (while taking damage), Twitch becomes stealthed and gains 30% bonus Movement Speed. If Twitch attacks or casts a spell while stealthed, he loses stealth but gains bonus attack speed for 5 seconds after revealing himself. When an enemy champion affected by Deadly Venom dies, Ambush's cooldown is reset.
| Cost: 40 mana
| Cooldown: 16 seconds
| Maximum Duration: 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 seconds
| Attack Speed: 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70%
|(Active) Twitch hurls a cask full of venom to target area that slows targets for 3 seconds and adds 1 stacks of Deadly Venom. Venom Cask leaves behind a cloud of toxic gas. Enemies that remain in the cloud are slowed and gain 1 Deadly Venom stacks each second.
| Cost: 50 mana
| Missile Speed: 1,400
| Cooldown: 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 seconds
| Slow: 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 / 45%
| Cloud Duration: 3 seconds
|(Active) Deals magic damage to each nearby poisoned enemy, plus additional damage per stack of Deadly Venom applied to them.
| Cooldown: 8 seconds
| Radius: 1,200
| Cost: 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 mana
| Magic Damage: 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80
| Additional Damage: 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35|
(+20% of Ability Power) (+25% of Bonus Attack Damage) per stack
| Max Magic Damage: 110 / 155 / 200 / 245 / 290|
(+120% of Ability Power) (+150% of Bonus Attack Damage)
|R||Spray and Pray|
|(Active) Twitch's basic attacks become powerful piercing bolts with 300 bonus range, and grant Twitch bonus Attack Damage for 5 seconds. Each bolt deals 20% less damage to subsequent targets down to a minimum of 40% damage.
| Cost: 100 Mana
| Cooldown: 90 seconds
| Bonus Attack Damage: 20 / 30 / 40
Q now resets whenever poisoned champions die.
The sneakiest marksman of the bunch, we're incentivizing Twitch to take risks and embrace his assassin-side by giving him the ability to get in and get out (rather than 'get in and get flattened').
BASE ATTACK DAMAGE : 49.04 ⇒ 54.46
ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH STAT : 3 ⇒ 2.41
Q - Ambush
NEW RIGHT UNDER THEIR NOSES : Now resets cooldown when an enemy champion affected by Deadly Venom dies
NEW DON'T BLOW IT : Entering stealth cancels Twitch's current basic attack command
R - Rat-Ta-Tat-Tat
DURATION : 7 seconds ⇒ 5 seconds
COST : 100/125/150 mana ⇒ 100 mana
NEW UNDER COVER : Using Rat-Ta-Tat-Tat during Ambush's stealth no longer cancels stealth
Twitch stealths faster while in combat.
The landscape of the game’s changed quite a bit since Twitch was last a staple pick, but looking at his hyper-carry competition, the rat’s primed for a big comeback. Already seeing spot play for the unique assassination he brings from the bottom lane, these changes pair with 5.16’s Ambush tweaks to ease the pains of setting up (or escaping) sticky situations.
Q mana cost down. R damage up at later ranks.
We're not aiming to raise the rat's power level massively this patch (as we tend to believe he's not incredibly far-off), but with marksmen as a class feeling unloved as of late, we're continuing to look at playing up the unique aspects of each. Loosening the restriction on Twitch's ability to ambush should force respect from opponents while letting him embrace his stealthy side more often.
We're also cleaning up the numbers on his ultimate, because 36 attack damage is weird to look at. #cleannumbers
Q - Ambush
COST : 60 mana ⇒ 40 mana
R - Rat-Ta-Tat-Tat
BONUS ATTACK DAMAGE : 20/28/36 ⇒ 20/30/40
- "This was a notorious bug that kept particularly sneaky players from taking full advantage of their ability to ambush unsuspecting base structures. Shout-outs to the community for helping sniff this one out!"
- R - Rat-Ta-Tat-Tat
- SEWER SKEWERS FOR EVERYBODY! : Now hits inhibitors and the Nexus
Passive damage up.
- "A pungent late-game threat, Twitch combines damage, subterfuge and foul stenches to put teams on his back...given that you don't exterminate him before he scales up. Even with a weaker early-game than most other marksmen, we're adding some punch back to his poison to encourage and reward the smart trades so necessary to his success."
- Passive - Deadly Venom
- DAMAGE PER STACK :
1/2/3/4/5/6 true damage (at levels 1/4/7/10/13/16) ⇒ 2/3/4/5/6 true damage (at levels 1/5/9/13/17
Twitch's passive does less damage per second. Twitch can now be delayed from entering stealth (through damage) for much longer than before.
"We think Twitch has awesome lategame power, but he's also got a offensively strong early game on top of having a lot of safety throughout. To focus on that safety aspect, Ambush's stealth often let Twitch make an escape even when already caught out by enemies. We do think the new AD itemization changes will benefit the smelly rat, but the focus here is (mostly) to provide some additional counterplay for preventing stealth (hit him in the face!).
We think Twitch has awesome lategame power, but he's also got a offensively strong early game on top of having a lot of safety throughout. To focus on that safety aspect, Ambush's stealth often let Twitch make an escape even when already caught out by enemies. We do think the new AD itemization changes will benefit the smelly rat, but the focus here is (mostly) to provide some additional counterplay for preventing stealth (hit him in the face!). "
- Passive - Deadly Venom
- TRUE DAMAGE
2/4/6/8 (at levels 1/6/11/16) ⇒ 1/2/3/4/5/6 (at levels 1/4/7/10/13/16)
- Q - Ambush
- STEALTH TIMING: Time to stealth without taking damage now
1.25 seconds ⇒ 1.5 seconds
- STEALTH TIMING WHILE BEING HIT IN THE FACE: Maximum time to stealth while taking damage now
3 seconds ⇒ 6 seconds
Twitch has received a visual update. And legs. Check out the full details here! We've also bundled a few quality of life improvements and ability name changes for skills that've mutated past their original designs over the years.
- ICONS: As part of his visual update, Twitch has received all-new ability icons
- Q - Ambush
- NEW UTILITY: Added new particles and sounds for the moment Twitch enters stealth
- E - Contaminate
Expunge ⇒ Contaminate
- NEW UTILITY: Added a range indicator
- VISUALS: Particles now shoot from Twitch to his victims
- R - Rat-ta-tat-tat
Spray and Pray ⇒ Rat-ta-tat-tat
- VISUALS: Particles now better indicate when secondary targets are hit by splash damage
Summary: Twitch’s Expunge now deals less damage at early to mid levels.
Context: Currently Twitch's laning phase trades are too strong, even when he’s forced to pop Expunge before reaching full stacks of Deadly Venom. These changes should balance out the Plague Rat’s early game power without affecting his team fight potential.
- Base damage reduced to 20/35/50/65/80 (from 40/50/60/70/80)
- Fixed a bug where Twitch could revive in stealth when Guardian Angel or Chrono Shift was active on him
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Deadly Venom now has a new particle for maximum stacks
- Ambush tooltip now describes the correct behavior in regards to delay before entering invisibility
- Base damage increased to 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 from 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80
- Mana cost reduced to 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 from 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90
- Spray and Pray cast frame reduced to make his attacks more responsive
- Base attack damage increased to 52 from 50
- Venom Cask missile speed increased to 1,400 from 1,300
- Attack Range increased to 550 from 500
- Base Health increased to 389 from 356
- Health per level increased to 81 from 78
- Base Mana increased to 220 from 180
- Mana per level increased to 40 from 35
- Base Attack Damage reduced to 47 from 51.56
- Attack Damage per level reduced to 3 from 3.3
- Attack animation improved
- Deadly Venom
- Damage reduced to 12/24/36/48 per stack from 15/30/45/60
- 60 Mana, 16 second Cooldown
- After 1.25 seconds, Twitch becomes invisible for 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds and gains 20% Movement Speed. Twitch gains 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70% Attack Speed for 5 seconds after revealing himself
- Venom Cask
- 50 Mana, 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 second Cooldown
- Twitch hurls a cask full of venom to target area that slows targets by 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 / 45% for 3 seconds and adds 2 stacks of Deadly Venom
- 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 Mana, 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 second Cooldown
- Deals 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 plus 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 (+0.2 Ability Power) (+0.25 bonus Attack Damage) per stack of Deadly Venom as physical damage to all nearby enemies affected by Deadly Venom
- No longer removes Deadly Venom stacks
- Spray and Pray
- 100 / 125 / 150 Mana, 120 / 110 / 100 second Cooldown
- Twitch's basic attacks become powerful piercing bolts with 300 bonus range, and Twitch gains 20 / 28 / 36 Attack Damage. Each bolt deals 20% less damage to subsequent targets down to a minimum of 40% damage. Lasts 7 seconds.
- Base attack range increased to 500 from 475
- Duration reduced to 10 / 20 / 30 /40 / 50 seconds from 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60
- Attack speed bonus now reaches its maximum duration twice as fast
- Spray and Pray
- Now first a maximum of 5 / 6 / 7 shots
- Duration increased to 12 seconds from 6
- Now increases Twitch's attack damage by 15 / 25 /35 instead of providing 30 / 45 / 60% attack speed
- Spray and Pray duration reduced to 6 seconds from 7
- Base movement speed reduced to 305 from 310
- Debilitating Poison slow duration reduced to 2 / 2.6 / 3.2 / 3.8 / 4.4 seconds from 2.5 / 3.25 / 4 / 4.75 / 5.25
- Spray and Pray attack speed reduced to 30 / 45 / 60% from 40 / 60 / 80%
- Ambush attack speed reduced to 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70% from 30 / 45 / 60 / 80 / 100%
- Debilitating Poison now has a range indicator
- Expunge now has a range indicator
- Deadly Venom duration reduced to 6 seconds from 8
- The first attack after breaking stealth will now benefit from the bonus attack speed of Ambush
- Ambush will now provide its attack speed bonus if you break stealth by casting a spell
- Spray and Pray buff no longer incorrectly states that he does reduced damage during Spray and Pray
- Ambush stealth is now removed when you actually attack, rather than when you begin your attack animation
- Base magic resistance increased to 30 from 25
- Fixed Ambush's tooltip to now show the correct attack speed buff value
- Debilitating Poison now slows for 30%+6% per Deadly Venom from 20%+10% per Deadly Venom
- Spray and Pray
- Missile range reduced to 1,100 from 1,300
- Bonus range reduced to 375 from 525
- Spray And Pray
- Cooldown increased to 105 / 90 / 75 from 90 / 75 / 60
- Attack speed bonus reduced to 40 / 60 / 80% from 60 / 100 / 140%
- Twitch has new updated particles
- Added listing as an Assassin, removed listing as a Fighter
- Increased acquisition range from 475 to 600
- Spray and Pray
- Increased projectile speed form 1600 to 2800
- Updated tooltip to properly state that all targets take 100% damage
- Made Spray and Pray more accurate
- Increased width from 50 to 60
- Ambush no longer costs mana to turn off
- Increased attack speed percent from 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 to 30 / 45 / 60 / 80 / 100
- Increased stealth time from 12 / 18 / 24 / 30 / 36 to 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60
- Debilitating Poison duration increased from 2.25 / 3 / 3.75 / 4.5 / 5.25 to 2.5 / 3.25 / 4 / 4.75 / 5.25
- Spary and Pray now does full damage to all targets that get hit
- Increased base damage from 50.9 to 52.4
- Reduced base attack range from 500 to 475
June 26, 2009 Patch
- Ambush selfslow reduced from 30% to 0%
June 12, 2009 Patch
- Ambush stealth can only be delayed by a maximum of 5 seconds
- Full Automatic now deals 100% to the first target it hits and 70% to all others
June 6, 2009 Patch
- Spray and Pray projectile speed increased from 1,400 to 1,600
May 29, 2009 Patch
- Spray and Pray projectile speed increased from 1,200 to 1,400
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Ambush slow percent reduced from 35 to 30
May 9, 2009 Patch
- Updated selection size and pathfinding radius
- Improved Twitch's ability to chase champions
- Increased stealth cooldown from 10 to 11 seconds
- Fixed a bug where the fade into stealth time was too long
- Deadly Poison
- Reduced poison damage from 3 / 5 / 7 to 2 / 4 / 6 / 8
- Fixed a bug where Debilitating Poison's slow debuff was not properly getting removed by Master Yi's Highlander
- Expunge range reduced
- Spray and Pray
- Improved hit particle
- Increased projectile speed
- Increased the collision size for spray and pray missiles from 25 to 40
- No longer procs on hit item effects
May 1, 2009 Patch