+20% Cooldown Reduction
|Passive:||Spellblade: After using an ability, the next basic attack (on hit) deals bonus physical damage equal to (100% of base Attack Damage) to enemies near the target, and creates a field around the target for 2 seconds that slows enemy Movement Speed by 30% (2 second cooldown, half-sized field if ranged). Size of the slow zone now increases with bonus armor.|
Iceborn Gauntlet is a Legendary Tier item introduced in the v220.127.116.11 patch.
- Size: 180 + (55% of Armor)
- A tank variant to Sheen, giving armor and cooldown reduction with a built in slow.
- Can be used effectively on champions with low cooldowns to keep the enemy slowed as much as possible.
- Can still be built with Trinity Force or Lich Bane but the damage to the primary target will apply TF/LB but will still apply the AOE damage from Iceborn Gauntlet.
- Magic>Ability Power
- Magic>Cooldown Reduction
- The proc effect of Iceborn Gauntlet causes the champion's weapon or hands to glow blue.
Proc damage decreased.
Sheen’s always offered champions with low cooldowns and high base damage a cost-efficient damage option (without having to go too far into full-damage builds). From there, the branching paths tell the story of what you want your Sheen to do. Do I want an extra AP Ratio? Lichbane. Do I want to deal tons of damage? Trinity Force. In-fight utility? Iceborn Gauntlet. The latter has done a fantastic job of holding up its utility promise - but the extra damage it provides is allowing beefier builds to squeeze too much effectiveness out of their kits. Given how much cheaper it is to build than the other Sheen upgrades, we’re taking a stab at sharpening those identities and making Iceborn markedly weaker than its alternatives at winning duels.
SPELLBLADE : 125% base attack damage ⇒ 100% base attack damage
Size lowered, but gets larger with armor. Slow no longer lingers.
Thanks to the lingering slow, Iceborn Gauntlet's passive favors champions that apply it from range consistently over the fighters and tanks it was made for. We're adjusting to make armor purchases more impactful, making it about when and where you drop your ice field over how quickly and safely you can do it (after a 5-man Malphite ult, perhaps?)
REMOVED RUNNING THE GAUNTLET : Slow no longer lingers after leaving the icy ground
SIZE RATIO : 0.45 bonus armor ⇒ 0.55 bonus armor
BASE SIZE : 190 ⇒ 180
With the removal of ability power on Sheen, we took the opportunity to refocus the item towards tanks via its new armor scaling. Ezreal might still wear it from time to time, but once Malphite gets in the mix things'll get real icy, real fast.
TOTAL cost : 2850 gold ⇒ 2700 gold
BUILD path : Sheen + Glacial Shroud + 650 gold
armor : 60 ⇒ 65
COOLDOWN reduction : 10% ⇒ 20%
REMOVED ABILITY power : 30 ⇒ 0
NEW PACKS A PUNCH : Size of the slow zone now increases with bonus armor
Also costs less.
Shaving off some of the cost to make it an easier lane pick-up. Lookin' great, shroud.
TOTAL COST : 950 gold ⇒ 900 gold
THAT’S HOW ITEMS WORK : Iceborn Gauntlet and Zeke’s Harbinger are also 50 gold cheaper
- "Don't let us prevent you from being inefficient with your unique passives."
- THE SUPERIOR SPELLBLADE Fixed a bug where if you had both an Iceborn Gauntlet and a Trinity Force in your inventory, you'd deal 150% of your base AD to your primary target instead of the expected 200% (you'll still deal 125% of your base AD to surrounding enemies)
- COMBINE COST:
700 gold ⇒ 750 gold
- TOTAL COST:
3250 gold ⇒ 2900 gold
+70 armor ⇒ +60 armor
We've noticed that, in general, champions who buy Iceborn Gauntlet are front-line champions with more emphasis on surviving than dealing AP burst damage. We've adjusted Iceborn Gauntlet's stats to accommodate this play case.
- Combine cost increased to 700 gold from 640 (total cost unchanged)
- Armor increased to 70 from 60
- Ability Power reduced to 30 from 40
- Spellblade is no longer consumed when attacking wards
- Total cost reduced to 3,250 gold from 3,400
- Cooldown reduction reduced to 10% from 15%
- Fixed a bug where the slow field was lasting longer than intended
- Fixed a bug where the slow was not being applied immediately
- Slow field radius for ranged champions reduced to 210 from 275
- Slow field radius for melee champions increased to 285 from 275
- Duration of slow field reduced to 2 seconds from 3
- Slow percentage reduced to 30% from 35%
- Slowing field now displays team color rings
Iceborn Gauntlet added
- +40 Ability Power
- +500 Mana
- +60 Armor
- +15% Cooldown Reduction
- Unique Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base Attack Damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 3 seconds that slows enemies inside by 35% (2 second cooldown).
- Cost: 3,400 (640)
- Builds from Sheen and Glacial Shroud