- 2nd lore
- 1st lore
||The intrepid young adventurer Ezreal has explored some of the most remote and abandoned locations on Runeterra. During an expedition to the buried ruins of ancient Shurima, he recovered an amulet of incredible mystical power. Likely constructed to be worn by one of the Ascended, the enormous talisman nonetheless fit snugly upon his arm, amplifying his raw sorcerous skill to such an extent that he's gained the reputation of a hero, much to his embarrassment.
||Ezreal was born with the gift of magic flowing through his veins. Ezreal, however, was also born with a much stronger sense of wanderlust. Put into school to become a skilled techmaturgist, Ezreal quickly became bored with magical studies. By the time the boy genius was eight years old, he had fully mapped out the underground tunnels of Piltover. The quality of his work was so great that the government of Piltover purchased his maps and salaried his services as Piltover's Grandmaster Explorer. This sealed the deal on Ezreal's path in life - he would eschew the arcane arts in favor of archaeology. Since then, countless of Ezreal's adventures have been written about as romanticized stories.
One of Ezreal's latest adventures, however, has brought him face-to-face with his other legacy - his latent magical power. While exploring the pyramids of Shurima Desert, Ezreal uncovered an amulet of incredible power. Aside from the sheer size of the amulet (it was made for a being easily twice Ezreal's size), it allows the wielder to control and shape magical energy - provided a source of magic is in the vicinity. This allowed Ezreal to tap into his natural talent for magic without having to put any serious effort into it - a big win for the Prodigal Explorer. The drawback is that for some unknown reason, the amulet is attuned with summoning magic. Without warning, Ezreal may find himself acting as a champion for, as he puts it, "a summoner hell-bent on resolving some irrelevant world-shattering League conflict." Still, Ezreal feels being summoned into a Field of Justice on occasion is a small price to pay.
|| "There's little time to study musty tomes when you're busy crawling around where the musty tomes originally came from."
- Such is Ezreal's credo
||Ezreal was born with the gift of magic flowing through his veins. However, Ezreal was also born with a much stronger sense of wanderlust. Though enrolled in Piltover's most acclaimed school for skilled young techmaturgists, Ezreal quickly became bored with magical studies. By the time the boy genius was eight years old, he had fully mapped out the underground tunnels of Piltover. The quality of his work was so remarkable that the government of Piltover purchased his maps and commissioned his services as the city-state's Master Pathfinder. This sealed the deal for Ezreal's true calling - he would eschew the arcane arts in favor of archaeology. Since then, countless adventures of his have been romanticized and published.
One of Ezreal's more recent adventures brought him face-to-face with his other legacy - his latent magical power. While exploring the pyramids of the Shurima Desert, Ezreal uncovered an amulet of inestimable power. He barely managed to extract it from its sandy abode due to its sheer magnitude (it was made for a being easily twice Ezreal's size). After fervent investigation, he found that it allowed the wielder to control and shape magical energy - provided there was a source of magic nearby. This permitted Ezreal to tap into his latent magical abilities without having to put any serious effort into it - a "big win", as the young prodigy notes. The lingering drawback is that, for some unknown reason, the amulet is highly attuned to summoning magic. This means that without warning, Ezreal may find himself acting as a champion for, as he puts it, "asummoner hell-bent on resolving some irrelevant world-shattering League conflict." Still, Ezreal feels that being summoned to a Field of Justice on occasion is a small price to pay for his prized artifact.
|| "There's little time to study ancient, musty tomes when you're busy trying to find them."
|Passive||Rising Spell Force|
|(Innate) Hitting a target with any of Ezreal's abilities increases his Attack Speed by 10% for 6 seconds, this effect stacks up to 5 times.
|(Active) Ezreal fires a bolt of energy in a line that will deal physical damage and apply on-hit effects to the first enemy it hits. If it strikes an enemy unit, all of Ezreal's cooldowns will be reduced by 1.5 second.
| Cost: 28 / 31 / 34 / 37 / 40 Mana
| Cooldown: 6.5 / 6 / 5.5 / 5 / 4.5 seconds
| Physical Damage: 35 / 55 / 75 / 95 / 115|
(+110% of Attack Damage) (+40% of Ability Power)
|(Active) Ezreal fires a wave of energy in a line. Any enemy champions it passes through are dealt magic damage, while any allied champions it travels through have their attack speed increased for 5 seconds.
| Cooldown: 9 seconds
| Range: 900
| Missile Width: 80
| Cost: 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 Mana
| Magic Damage: 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250|
(+80% of Ability Power)
| Attack Speed Buff: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40%
|(Active) Ezreal instantly teleports to a nearby target location and fires a homing arrow at the nearest enemy unit, dealing magic damage to it.
| Cost: 90 Mana
| Teleport Range: 475
| Arrow Range: 750
| Cooldown: 19 / 17.5 / 16 / 14.5 / 13 seconds
| Magic Damage: 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275|
(+50% of Attack Damage) (+75% of Ability Power)
|(Active) Ezreal charges for 1 second to fire a powerful broad energy missile that will travel in a line by the whole map and will deal magic damage to each enemy unit they pass through. It will deal 10% less damage for each subsequent target hit, down to a minimum of 30% damage dealt.
| Cost: 100 Mana
| Cooldown: 120 seconds
| Range: Global
| Magic Damage: 350 / 500 / 650|
(+100% of bonus Attack Damage)
(+90% of Ability Power)
R cooldown up.
Back in 5.24 we gave Ezreal a greater reward for hitting Mystic Shot to reinforce his poke-pattern and emphasize his unique interactions with cooldown reduction. Judging by his incredible popularity and effectiveness, it seems those buffs hit the mark, with 40% CDR Ezreal becoming the norm. As a result, the frequency of Trueshot Barrages are at an all-time high, terrorizing teamfights, objectives, and minion waves alike. We like the flexibility that Ezreal's global nuke brings to the table, but when he's able to overclock his cooldowns to the point of controlling lanes and having it up for an impending teamfight, something's gotta give.
R - Trueshot Barrage
COOLDOWN : 80 seconds ⇒ 120 seconds
Q and E cooldown up, but Q refunds more cooldown on-hit.
Just a small tweak to reinforce Ezreal's synergies with cooldown reduction, especially given its new availability to marksman with the new Essence Reaver (check below!)
BASE ATTACK DAMAGE : 50.24 ⇒ 55.6
ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH STAT : 3 ⇒ 2.41
BASE MANA : 310.6 ⇒ 360.56
MANA GROWTH STAT : 42 ⇒ 39
Q - Mystic Shot
COOLDOWN : 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds ⇒ 6.5/6/5.5/5/4.5 seconds
COOLDOWN REDUCTION ON-HIT : 1 second ⇒ 1.5 seconds
E - Arcane Shift
COOLDOWN : 19/17/15/13/11 seconds ⇒ 19/17.5/16/14.5/13 seconds
E now scales with AD. The world is ending.
Ezreal players have always been separated into two camps: those that Arcane Shift away from danger, and those that Arcane Shift directly into it. We’re not necessarily endorsing reckless play, but taking a calculated risk with Ezreal should feel like it has an appropriate pay-off. Arcane Shift may always be more of an escape than a combo-finisher, but loading damage into it rewards aggressive positioning as he’ll have to sacrifice his safety to access it. Who needs an escape?
E - Arcane Shift
NEW RATIO : Now additionally scales 0.5 bonus attack damage
- "We're making readability improvements to a bunch of the champion portrait icons which were added or updated over the past few months."
- PORTRAITS : The following champion portrait icons have been updated:
- Azir, Cho'Gath, Ezreal, Gragas, Graves, Janna, Jarvan IV, Kayle, Kog'Maw, Lee Sin, Malphite, Maokai, Orianna, Renekton, Rengar, Rumble, Shyvana, Sion, Talon, Tristana, Udyr, Vayne, Veigar, Viktor, Zilean
- "As we've mentioned previously, the splash art team is engaged in a long-term effort to update our oldest base splashes. A few more are ready to go this patch!"
- SPLASH : The following champions have received updated base splashes (click the portraits for the full image!)
Small Ezreal buffs.
- "See above. We're trying to give him some extra love so he can keep up in a modern game of League of Legends. "
- Passive - Rising Spell Force
- BUFF DURATION
5 seconds ⇒ 6 seconds
- Q - Mystic Shot
- "NOTE: This change has already taken effect, but the tooltip hasn't been updated. We'll get to that as soon as possible. Thanks!"
- TOTAL ATTACK DAMAGE RATIO
1.0 ⇒ 1.1
- "We fixed some longstanding clunkiness with Pulsefire Ezreal's animations in 4.16. Our bad on forgetting to list this in the last set of patch notes!"
- Pulsefire Ezreal
- CANNONS PRIMED Smoothed out Pulsefire Ezreal's autoattack and Mystic Shot animations
- BIO The following champions have received updated in-client bios.
Ezreal can now hit himself with Essence Flux if he can find a way to get ahead of it. Use with caution please.
"Just E into it."
- W - Essence Flux
- NEW JUST E INTO IT: Essence Flux can now hit Ezreal in addition to his allies
We saw the Lich Bane changes as an easy opportunity to preserve the AP Ezreal off-build without jeopardizing the health / balance of his primary build.
- Q - Mystic Shot
- ABILITY POWER RATIO:
0.20 ⇒ 0.40
- Pulsefire Ezreal
- Fixed a bug where Pulsefire Ezreal would occasionally not see gold popups for some of his last hits on targets in plain view
- Fixed a bug where Pulsefire Ezreal would play his death animation a second time if Trueshot Barrage was leveled up while dead
- Base movement speed reduced to 325 from 330
- Rising Spell Force
- Duration reduced to 5 seconds from 6
- Trueshot Barrage
- Damage falloff per target hit increased to 10% from 8%
- Base attack speed reduced to 0.625 from 0.665
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Essence Flux no longer reduces enemy champion attack speed
- Mystic Shot mana cost reduced to 28 / 31 / 34 / 37 / 40 from 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50
- Essence Flux
- Damage reduced to 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 from 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280
- Ability power ratio increased to 0.8 from 0.6
- Width reduced to 80 from 120
- Fixed a bug with Mystic Shot's range varying at different levels
- Essence Flux mana cost reduced to 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 from 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100
- Trueshot Barrage mana cost reduced to 100 from 150
- Trueshot Barrage now grants vision while in flight.
- Fixed a bug where Ezreal would lose his run animation after 390 movement speed
- Essence Flux is now correctly flagged as an area effect spell.
- Essence Flux will now break spell shields
- Fixed a bug where Mystic Shot did not interact with spell shields
- Tuned Ezreal's autoattack frames to be more responsive
- Trueshot Barrage cooldown reduced to 80 seconds from 100
- Essence Flux mana cost reduced to 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 from 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110
- Mystic Shot now has an additive 0.2 ability power ratio
- Trueshot Barrage now scales additively with both attack damage and ability power
- Fixed a bug where Arcane Shift could target invisible minions such as wards.
- Trueshot Barrage now scales with bonus attack damage at a 1.0 ratio
- Rising Spell Force
- Now has a particle to indicate the amount of stacks
- Fixed a tooltip bug that stated Ezreal was gaining 15% per stack instead of 10%
- Fixed a bug where some of Ezreal's spells were displaying incorrect text on cast
- Base damage increased to 47.5 from 45
- Damage per level increased to 3 from 2.6
- Base attack speed incresaed to 0.665 from 0.658
- Essence Flux
- Attack speed incresae changed to be additive rather than multiplicative
- Cooldown reduced to 9 seconds from 10
- Trueshot Barrage ability power ratio increased to 0.9 from 0.8
- Essence Flux ability power ratio increased to 0.7 from 0.6
- Trueshot Barrage ability power ratio increased to 0.8 from 0.7
- Base damage reduced to 45 from 47.6
- Damage per level reduced to 2.6 from 3.0
- Attack speed per level reduced to 2.8 from 3.22
- Arcane Shift can no longer be cast while rooted
- Mystic Shot damage reduced to 35 / 55 / 75 / 95 / 115 from 40 / 65 / 90 / 115 / 140
- Essence Flux mana cost reduced to 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 from 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120
- Mystic Shot attack damage ratio decreased to 1.0 from 1.1
- Fixed a bug with Trueshot Barrage where Ezreal's voice would play at the target location instead of where Ezreal was
- Fixed a discrepancy in Essence Flux's level-up tooltip that incorrectly mentioned a heal
- Mystic Shot
- Range reduced to 1,100 from 1,200
- Damage percentage reduced to 110 from 120
- Arcane Shift cooldown increased to 19 / 17 / 15 / 13 / 11 from 17 / 15 / 13 / 11 / 9
- Essence Flux
- Removed the heal component
- Attack speed buff/debuff increased to 20 / 23 / 26 / 29 / 32 from 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25
- Mystic Shot attack damage percent increased to 120% from 100
- Essence Flux
- Heal amount reduced to 50% from 70%
- Attack speed buff/debuff reduced to 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25% form 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40%
- Trueshot Barrage ability power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.0
- Essence Flux heal reduced to 70% of the damage value from 100%
- Base armor increased to 15 from 12
- Base damage increased to 49 from 47
- Base mana regeneration increased to 0.9 from 0.8
- Movement speed increased to 305 from 300
- Mystic Shot base damage increased to 40 / 65 / 90 / 115 / 140 from 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120
- Essence Flux missile width increased to 120 from 100
- Arcane Shift
- Closest unit targeting range increased to 750 from 650
- Mana cost reduced to 90 from 100
- Rising Spell Force duration increased to 6 seconds from 5
Journal of Justice