|Country of Birth||Philippines|
|Team||Start Date||End Date||Role|
|Counter Logic Gaming||12/2014||9/2015||
|Counter Logic Gaming||9/2015||9/2015||
|Counter Logic Gaming||9/2015||5/2017||
|Peak League||Challenger I|
|Alternate IDs||V Xmithie, FeaR Xmithië, SheepsGoBah, Xminie, V AleXmithie, XDG Xmithie, CLG DandyLite, CLG Xmithie, IMT Xmithie,TL Xmithie|
A player with a storied history and several noteworthy achievements, Xmithie is one of North America's best and most consistent junglers. Although he had several minor stints on smaller teams, his first major one was Team Vulcun. After making it to the NA LCS, they were one of the better teams in the league. They were able to qualify for Worlds and despite being eliminated in the Group Stage, managed to pick up some victories against Europe's teams. Following their Worlds run the team renamed to XDG Gaming and had a very rough slump.
At one point Xmithie moved to ADC in an attempt to rejuvenate the team. After XDG was relegated, it took Xmithie a while to find his footing but he landed a spot on Counter Logic Gaming. With CLG he was able to win his first NA LCS championship in Summer of 2015. Although they weren't able to do well at Worlds, they won the Spring of 2016 and even finished second at the Mid-Season Invitational, losing to SKT in the finals. After an unsuccessful Spring Split with CLG, Xmithie was traded over to Immortals for Dardoch. The traded ended up being beneficial for both teams but more so for Immortals.
The team managed to reach the NA LCS finals but lost to Team SoloMid 1-3. They would go on to qualify for Worlds but failed to make it out of the Group Stage. After Immortals wasn't accepted in the franchised NA LCS, Xmithie joined Team Liquid and went on to win his third NA LCS split with the team in Spring of 2018.
League of Legends Career
Xmithie first entered the League of Legends on January of 2011, quickly hitting level 30 and jumping into ranked duo queue, playing with his now ex-girlfriend. For a time during Season 1, Xmithie would get stuck and hover around the 1700 ELO range. However, once he began play solo in ranked, he would spring up to 2200 ELO where he met other 2000 ELO players to form a team called Soldier Front. Team Soldier Front would compete in small tournaments, eventually meeting APictureOfAGoose during a Go4LoL cup on October of 2011. After playing against Team Soldier Front, A PictureOfAGoose would invite Xmithie to join as their AD Carry substitute player, a position which he accepted.
As being a part of one of the teams that qualified through the North American Pre-Qualifier #1 for the IEM Season VI - Global Challenge Kiev, Xmithie planned to go with APictureOfAGoose to the event. Unfortunately due to family problems, LemonGoD would be unable to attend the event. As a replacement, team captain Atlanta would invite his friend cuRtoKy to join as the support player for APictureOfAGoose. Atlanta decided to change to the AD Carry position in order to play with cuRtoKy, since they were close friends and Atlanta believed he would synergize better with cuRtoKy more than Xmithie would. Xmithie would take Atlanta's old position of jungler for the team. Despite the roster changes, APictureOfAGoose would end up not attending IEM Kiev.
Around one month after the departure of LemonGoD and the addition of Xmithie into the main lineup, APictureOfAGoose would be acquired by mTw and become mTw.NA. This occurred while APictureOfAGoose was competing in the Alienware Arena North America: Winter, where they ended up placing third.
In the next few months, Xmithie would find success with mTw.NA in various minor tournaments, taking first place in Go4LoL Cup #61, CSN playLEGENDS Points Cup 1, CSN playLEGENDS Points Cup 2, CSN playLEGENDS Points Cup 4, and the In2LOL Kickoff NA Tournament.
The first major tournament that Xmithie would compete in under the mTw.NA banner would be the 2012 MLG Pro Circuit - Spring Championship. At the event, Xmithie would face off in their first match against European powerhouse Counter Logic Gaming EU, who proved to be a tough opponent as CLG EU pulled out a 2-0 victory over mTw.NA. Dropping down to the loser's bracket, Xmithie and his team would be able to take out vVv Gaming 2-1 to advance to the next round of the loser's bracket. Unfortunately, here mTw.NA would fall to Team Dynamic 2-0, ending the tournament with 9th-12th place finish.
Despite a disappointing showing at the MLG Spring Championship, Xmithie and mTw.NA would continue to dominate the online tournament scene, taking first at the Solomid NA Invitational 3. Here, Xmithie and his team would fall to Team Dynamic 0-2 in their first match of the tournament, dropping down to the loser's bracket of the third SoloMid Invitational. However, here Xmithie and mTw would go on a hot streak, sweeping Lzuruha Gaming, Ordinance Gaming, and Team SoloMid 2-0 to advance to the loser's bracket final. There, mTw.NA would continue forward with their momentum in tow, taking out Counter Logic Gaming Black 2-1, qualifying straight to the grand finals as Curse Gaming would forfeit their remaining matches. Coming back up from the loser's bracket to face off against the team that put them there, Xmithie and mTw.NA would come out on top in a close 2-1 victory in the first set and sweep Team Dynamic 2-0 in the second set to take home first place from the tournament.
Continuing their success in online tournaments, Xmithie would take first place on July 6th, 2012, at the National ESL Pro Series Season 3 with his team mTw.NA. During the three month long online group stage, mTw.NA would place third going 4-3 winning 9 games out of 16 by defeating 4Nothing 2-0, Epik Gamer 2-0, Counter Logic Gaming Prime 2-0, and Team Legion 2-0, while falling to Team Dignitas 1-2, Curse Gaming 0-2, and Team SoloMid 0-2. As Team SoloMid would be forced to forfeit, mTw would move on up to the grand finals. There, Xmithie would carry on the momentum and defeat Team Dignitas 2-0, taking home first place with his team mTw.NA.
Two days later, Xmithie would take second place at the fourth SoloMid NA Invitational with team mTw.NA. Xmithie would have a powerful start in the first two rounds, eliminating both Curse Gaming and Team Legion 2-1 to advance to the winners bracket final. Unfortunately, there Xmithie's team mTw.NA were unable to pull out a win, falling just short to Orbit Gaming 1-2. Not letting the loss get to them, Xmithie and mTw.NA were able to sweep heavy favorite Team SoloMid 2-0 to get another shot at first place. However, once again Orbit Gaming was able to pull out on top, taking mTw out in a close 2-1.
Xmithie would particpate in the Leaguecraft ggClassic Presented by Arqade with his team mTw.NA. In the group stages, his team would pull out an impressive 4-1 finish, taking second place defeating 4Nothing, Orbit Gaming, Taipei Assassins, and Counter Logic Gaming Prime while taking their only loss to Counter Logic Gaming Black. Unfortunately in the playoffs mTw.NA would fall to Team Dynamic 1-2, dropping down the to loser's bracket. There, mTw.NA would take out Curse Gaming 2-0 to move forward to the second round of the loser's bracket. Once again, CLG Black would take out mTw.NA 2-0, leaving Xmithie with a third place finish.
A week after the top three performance at the Leaguecraft ggClassic, Xmithie would compete in the SoloMid NA Invitational 5 alongside mTw.NA. Xmithie's team mTw.NA would take out CLG Black 2-1 in the first round, but would fall to Team SoloMid 0-2 in the second round, falling to the loser's bracket. There, mTw.NA would go on a hot streak taking out Team Dynamic, Ordinance Gaming, and Team SoloMid to reach the grand finals of the event. Unfortunately, mTw.NA would fall to Team Dignitas 1-2 in the finals, taking home second place.
At the sixth Solomid NA Invitational, Xmithie would take second place with his team mTw.NA. In the tournament, mTw.NA would have a dominant first two rounds, taking out Meat Playground and Ordinance Gaming 2-0 to advance to the winner's bracket final. Unfortunately here they would fall to Team SoloMid 1-2, dropping down to face Ordinance Gaming once again for a shot at the grand finals. Repeating their success, mTw.NA would once again sweep Ordinance Gaming 2-0, advancing to the grand finals to get a rematch with Team SoloMid. Xmithie and mTw.NA would have a strong first set, taking out the North American powerhouse 2-0. However, in the second set Team SoloMid would rebound and take out mTw.NA 2-0, leaving Xmithie with a second place finish.
On November 3rd, 2014 it was announced that Xmithie had joined coL.Black along with I KeNNy u, Pr0lly, ROBERTxLEE, and Bubbadub, qualifying for the Spring Expansion Tournament via compLexity's promotion tournament participation. However, Xmithie was unable to participate in the tournament and so CloudNguyen substituted in his place. The team lost to Final Five in the second round after a first-round bye.
On December 8th, Counter Logic Gaming announced that Xmithie was joining the team as their new jungler, filling the empty spot left by dexter. However, Thinkcard would be substituting for him at IEM Cologne due to visa issues.
For the first eight weeks of the spring split, CLG were never lower in the standings than tied for second place, and the only reason they didn't receive a playoff bye was that they lost a second-place tie breaker to Cloud9 and so ended up in third place. CLG fans called the split CLG's "golden age," but the question still remained whether CLG could perform in the playoffs, especially after a dramatic comeback loss to Team SoloMid the first time the two teams met in the round robin. Ultimately, CLG were unable to perform in playoffs, as they lost to Team Liquid in the quarterfinals and ended the split tied for fifth place with Gravity.
Echoing their spring split performance, CLG started the summer split strong, in first place at the end of each of the first four weeks and then lost four games in a row to finish tied for fifth after week six. This time, however, they rebounded and ended the season in second, behind Team Liquid and with a 13-5 record. They received a bye in the first round of the playoffs and then swept both Team Impulse and Team SoloMid 3-0, to win their first LAN event since MLG Raleigh in 2011 nearly four years prior and receive North America's top seed to Worlds. Shortly after their qualification, the team announced that HuHi would be substituting for them in the jungle, due to "unresolvable VISA issues" with Xmithie; however, two weeks later the situation was resolved with some help from members of the community who reached out to the team on reddit. Despite Xmithie's getting to play and the team's having a relatively easy group draw with KOO Tigers, Flash Wolves, and paiN Gaming, CLG didn't advance from their Worlds group, ending with a 2-4 record including a loss to paiN.
After two major roster changes - Stixxay replacing long-time AD carry Doublelift and HuHi replacing Pobelter - CLG attended IEM San Jose in November 2015, where they defeated Unicorns of Love and Jin Air Green Wings before losing to Origen. Their performance earned them a seed into IEM Katowice, which they attended after the seventh week of the LCS. However, despite being in a strong position domestically, in second place behind only the almost-undefeated Immortals (to whom CLG had handed their only loss of the season the week before), CLG were eliminated immediately from Katowice, losing first to SK Telecom T1 and then to Fnatic.
CLG entered the LCS playoffs in second place, still behind Immortals, and still the only team to have beaten Immortals in the regular season. They won their semifinal series against Team Liquid in five games, winning the last game with a double teleport play to catch out Piglet and close out a win. Despite seeding expectations, their finals match was against TSM, who had 3-0'd Immortals the week before. This series also went to five games, and CLG once again won, qualifying for the Mid-Season Invitational.
- Jake's in game name came from the movie Mr and Mrs Smith. As the name "Smith" was always taken, Jake would use "Mr Xmith". Whenever Jake would make an alternate account, he would name it Xmithie, which eventually became his main name.
- Is currently studying Computer Animations at Cerritos College
- Lists Lee Sin and Xerath as his favorite champions
- Was temporarily banned for Elo boosting in March 2013 along with several other pro players including Rhux, Nyjacky, Meteos, DontMashMe, Aphromoo, and Chuuper.
- Winner of Leaguepedia's Best Lee Sin NA Tournament.
- On February 6th, 2016, became the 5th player in NALCS history to reach 1,000 career assists, and was the first jungler to do it.
- Became a United States citizen on May 18th, 2016.
|2016-05-15||2016 Mid-Season Invitational||CLG 0 : 3 SK Telecom T1|
|2016-04-17||2016 NA LCS Spring Playoffs||CLG 3 : 2 Team SoloMid|
|2015-11-22||IEM Season X - San Jose||CLG 0 : 3 Origen|
|2015-08-23||2015 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||CLG 3 : 0 Team SoloMid|
|2013-10-13||Best Lee Sin NA Tournament||Xmithie 3 : 0 ZionSpartan|
|2013-09-01||LCS North America Season 3 Summer Playoffs||Team Vulcun 2 : 0 Team Dignitas|
|2013-04-28||LCS North America Season 3 Spring Playoffs||Team Vulcun 2 : 1 Team Curse|
|2013-01-06||SoloMid NA Invitational 12||fear 2 : 1 Team Curse|
|2012-12-09||SoloMid Series - Week 5||fear FF : W Team Curse|
|2012-11-25||SoloMid Series - Week 5||fear 1 : 2 Team Dignitas|
|2012-11-18||SoloMid Series - Week 4||fear 0 : 2 Team Curse|
|2012-11-11||Lone Star Clash 2||fear 0 : 2 Reddit Nation|
|2012-11-07||National ESL Pro Series Season 4||fear 0 : 2 CLG Prime|
|2012-09-30||SoloMid NA Invitational 11||Mme Ferus 0 : 2 Orbit Gaming|
|2012-09-23||Solomid NA Invitational 10||Mme Ferus 2 : 0 Team SoloMid|
|2012-09-16||Solomid NA Invitational 9||Mme Ferus 2 : 0 Team Dynamic|
|2012-08-12||IPL Face Off: San Francisco Showdown||mtwna 0 : 2 Team Curse|
|2012-08-08||Solomid NA Invitational 6||mtwna 0 : 2 Team SoloMid|
|2012-07-29||Solomid NA Invitational 5||mtwna 1 : 2 Team Dignitas|
|2012-07-22||Leaguecraft ggClassic Presented by Arqade||mtwna 0 : 2 CLG Black|
|2012-07-08||SoloMid NA Invitational 4||mtwna 1 : 2 Orbit Gaming|
|2012-06-30||SoloMid NA Invitational 3||mTwNA 4 : 1 Team Dynamic|
- September 26th, Entrevistamos a Xmithie, jungler de mMe.Ferus! (Spanish) with MasWards
- September 28th, Hi I'm Xmithie jungler for mMe Ferus and I just lost $20 from curse king of the hill. AMAA with Reddit
- November 30th, IPL 5 - Panky interviews Xmithie and MuffinQT (video) with Reign of Gaming
- April 19th, Xmithie discusses Vulcun's recent Success at the LCS Super Week (video) with GameSpot
- June 14th, Xmithie talks about Vulcun's match against Velocity eSports (video) with GameSpot
- July 11th, An Interview with Vulcun's Jungler Xmithie with Team Dignitas
- August 1st, Xmithie talks Vulcuns position and being the best Vayne NA (video) with GameSpot
- September 17th, Xmithie on his Performance versus Gambit and Playing Mineski (video) with GameSpot
- September 20th, EITHER/OR with CLG's Xmithie with TheScore
- October 3rd, Xmithie on facing the KOO Tigers: 'I feel pretty confident against pretty much any team in Group A' with theScore
- February 3rd, Xmithie Discusses His Current Place Among the Other NA LCS Junglers - Thoughts on Dardoch with G|League
- March 16th, Xmithie on his nerves in playoffs: 'I'm worried more about...Huhi and Stixxay' with theScore Esports
- April 8th, [LoL] Head-to-Head: Dardoch vs. Xmithie with theScore
- May 8th, LoL Mid-Season Invitational: Post game with CLG's Xmithie and Stixxay with ESPN
- June 4th, Xmithie on CLG experimenting with the new meta: 'We're still trying to find our identity again' with theScore
- January 24th - Xmithie: “I think we’re much better than last year.” with Slingshot Esports
- February 21st - Xmithie says he’s fine with rookie junglers getting the spotlight, explains why his girlfriend isn’t ruining the LCS with YAHOO! Esports
- May 17th - Exclusive: Xmithie on leaving CLG, life at Immortals, and hopefully starting a band with Darshan with Blitz Esports
- May 20th - Xmithie: 'I just want to do really, really well at Worlds' with theScore esports
- June 8th - Xmithie on choosing Riot Player's Association reps: 'There are not many players who have knowledge outside of the game' with theScore esports
- June 18th - Xmithie on IMT: 'The atmosphere is just different, it reminds me of Vulcun' with YAHOO! Esports
- June 26th - King of the Kill IMT Xmithie: All we need to do is just take one game at a time and treat every game like its our last. with Akshon Esports
- October 1st - 4번째 롤드컵 도전하는 '엑스미시' "SKT 다시 만나 꺾고 싶다" with FOMOS
- October 6th - Xmithie finds GAM scarier than Fnatic: 'You never know what they're gonna do next' with Travis Gafford
Articles & Videos
- December 12th - Thorin's Thoughts: Remembering Xmithie (LoL) by Thorin
- February 14th - BACK FROM THE BRINK: XMITHIE RETURNS TO THE LCS by Cameron Gilbert (lolesports.com)
- April 26th, Xmithie's Fascinating Resurgence by Bo "SoulDra" Shim on Splyce
- May 2nd, Raw and Uncut: CLG Xmithie's 2016 Spring Split Profile (12m16s) from theScore on YouTube
- May 14th - eSports - MSI: Xmithie über den spontanen Sona-Pick, SKT und Patch 6.9 with Sport1
- October 2nd - Xmithie on CLG's Roller Coaster Worlds Appearance by Xander Torres & Cass Marshall (redbull.com)
- November 5th - Emily Rand's NA 2016 Player Awards and All-Star Votes by Emily Rand (thescoreesports.com)
- December 26th - Top 10 League of Legends Plays of 2016 by TheScore Esports
- May 10th - Why It is Best For CLG To Trade Away Xmithie by Davie Wong (akshonesports.com)
- June 28th - A jungler for a jungler: Emily Rand’s look at the Dardoch/Xmithie trade by Emily Rand (slingshotesports.com)
- October 6th - IMT Xmithie on Their Game Against FNC: "No one in the team expected that ending either..." by Kyeongbeom Kim & Woo Hyun (invenglobal.com)
- October 11th - THE X FACTOR:IMT XMITHIE by Kien Lam (lolesports.com)
- compLexity In The Expansion Tournament complexitygaming.com
- A Completed Roster and IEM Cologne clgaming.net
- CLG Worlds Roster Update clgaming.net
- [LoL] Is there anyway I can get into contact with management in terms of the VISA issue, I found something that might help? reddit.com
- Xmithie to Play in 2015 World Group Stages clgaming.net
- LCS Competition Rulings: NA Elo-Boosters forums.na.leagueoflegends.com
- Counter Logic Gaming's Tweet twitter.com