|Passive:||Immolate: Deals 25 (+ 1 x level) magic damage per second to nearby enemies. Deals 50% bonus damage to minions and monsters.|
is an advanced item available in Classic and Dominion mode.
- Does passive damage and helps improve tanking ability, as it will trigger enemy turret aggro if it damages an enemy champion.
- When playing a bulkier champion that still needs to do damage, such as Renekton or Xin Zhao, this item is almost always a must. The armor and health this item provides allows for survivability while also giving your team extra damage with it's passive.
- Defense > Armor
- Defense > Health
- This item has similar effects to the item Radiance from DotA, although they grant different benefits.
Similar to Bami’s Cinder, Sunfire’s efficient stats and hybrid offense/defense means it’s just the best early buy in most cases. Nudging it back to the price point of the other big Health/Armor makes it easier to pick the one for the right situation, not just whichever’s the cheapest.
TOTAL COST : 2700 gold ⇒ 2900 gold
COMBINE COST : 800 gold ⇒ 1000 gold
Passive aura deals more damage to non-champions.
Continuing from the Dead Man's Plate discussion above, Sunfire is an armor item that feels a little lost from an identity perspective. Increasing the potency of its waveclear potential should transform tanky folks without access to waveclear into split-pushing threats faster than you can type 'Shenpai.'
(In case that wasn't clear, buy this on Shen. You're welcome.)
NEW FUNFIRE : Now deals 50% bonus damage to minions and monsters
Bring me my cape of suns.
Sunfire's often the odd-man out when compared to its cousins: Randuin's Omen and Dead Man's Plate. We're giving it a bump to feel like a real contender when shopping for physical protection.
ARMOR : 45 ⇒ 50
TOTAL cost : 2600 gold ⇒ 2700 gold
BUILD path : Bami's Cinder + Chain Vest + 800 gold
health : 450 ⇒ 500
Sunfire now builds out of Bami's Cinder instead of Giant's Belt.
- "Just a very small directional change to make Sunfire Cape more focused on wave clearing for tanky dudes. There's a little less health on that build path, but you can get to your area-effect burn a little faster."
- RECIPE : Chain Vest + Bami's Cinder + 850 gold (2600 gold total [unchanged])
- STATS : Unchanged. Just so you know.
- [NEW] PASSIVE : Is now UNIQUE so you know you can't stack it
"Now with sunnier fire. Or fierier sun. BOTH?!"
- CLARITY: Damage aura visuals are now more fiery and aggressive
"Sunfire Cape is an AoE damage aura item, but its current effect looks most like a a debuff on the wearer, even to the point of being confused with Red Buff's or Ignite's effects. This rework more clearly lines up Sunfire's visual with its gameplay."
- VISUALS: Particles updated
This change is to reduce the overwhelming power of early Sunfire Capes.
- Magic damage changed to 25 + character level (from 40)
- Combine cost increased to 930 gold from 780 (total cost increased to 2,650 gold from 2,500)
- Cost changed from 2,610 (800) to 2,500 (800)
- Aura damage increased to 40 from 35
- Area of effect damage per second reduced to 35 from 40
- No longer contines to deal damage while dead
- Upgrade cost increased to 800 from 700
- Passive is now unique
- No longer deals damage when held by a clone
- Combine cost reduced to 700 from 1,000
- Combine cost increased from 900 to 1,000
May 9, 2009 Patch
- Reduced armor to 50 from 60
- Recipe is now one Giant's Belt instead of two Ruby Crystals (this change does not effect the total health)
May 1, 2009 Patch
- Increased recipe cost from 600 to 800
- Decreased AoE damage from 50 to 40
April 18, 2009 Patch
- Increased aura damage from 40 to 50
- Decreased cost from 900 to 600