|Name||Alfonso Aguirre Rodriguez|
|Country of Birth||Spain|
|Peak League||Diamond V|
|Alternate IDs||GoldPoro4 (NA), LD mithy, HC mithy, Wizards Mithy|
mithy is a League of Legends player from Gran Canaria, Spain. The first notable game that he played was Pokemon. He played Counter-Strike: Source, then moved on to playing World of Warcraft on a private server where most premier PvP players would play.
Mithy played Bloodline Champions competitively and went to DreamHack Summer 2011 as a substitute, meeting Noonia and MegaZero during the event and placing 6th. He would go to DreamHack Winter 2011, this time winning the tournament under the x6tence banner. One of the factors that contributed to his team's success was his own adjustment to playing on a LAN environment (where ping would be negligible, as compared to 120 ping from the Canari Islands). He would mostly play the Spear Master bloodline.
He was introduced to League of Legends through a public chat within BLC. He moved full-time to League of Legends in January 1st, 2012, as soon as the Bloodline Champions servers were moved to Sweden, which had the immediate effect of increasing his ping from 120 to 180.
On March 28th, 2014, Mithy was fined $500 USD for using offensive, racist language in a League of Legends game lobby.
On June 6th, 2014, mithy was suspended from the League Championship Series and the Challenger Series through the end of 2014 due to extremely toxic behavior in solo queue. This behavior included, but was not limited to, in game harassment, verbal abuse, and continual use of racial slurs.
On December 19th, 2014 Mithy's banned was lifted by Riot, leaving him free to play in the 2015 LCS and Challenger Series. Soon after his ban was lifted, Mithy joined Origen, a new European Challenger team formed by xPeke after he left Fnatic. Teammates Amazing, and Niels joined at the same time, and sOAZ became their top laner.
Mithy and Origen qualified for the EUCS Spring Qualifier via the Challenger Ladder, where they beat Millenium Spirit in their bracket final, securing their qualification to the EUCS Spring Season. Origen were unbeaten until their penultimate game of the split, against LowLandLions.White, and despite dropping that one game easily secured first place in the regular season. Origen also placed highly in tournaments throughout this period, winning the ESL MWC Challenge and Gamers Assembly 2015. The Spring Playoffs saw Origen beat Reason Gaming in the semifinals 2-1 and then going on to sweep Copenhagen Wolves Academy (the team formerly known as LowLandLions.White) in the final to win the tournament and secure automatic qualification to the LCS Summer Season. Notably, their last game against CW Academy ended on a Zed backdoor by xPeke reminiscent of his famous backdoor at IEM Katowice in 2013, and the team would become known for its backdoor plays to win games.
Throughout the EU LCS Summer Season, Origen jostled for 2nd position with H2k-Gaming, while Fnatic sat far ahead in an undefeated 1st place throughout. Impressive individual performances including Mithy's Thresh helped the team to a 2nd place regular season finish, and with it a bye past the Summer Playoffs quarterfinal round. In the semifinals, Origen faced off against rivals H2k and won 3-1; perhaps even more impressively, they took two games off Fnatic in the finals despite ultimately losing the series. Their second-place overall finish earned Origen 90 Championship Points, enough for the second seed in the 2015 Season Europe Regional Finals. There, they beat Team ROCCAT in a 3-2 series and then Unicorns of Love in an easy 3-0 and successfully qualified for the 2015 World Championship, where they would play as Europe's #3 seed.
At the 2015 World Championship, Origen were drawn into Group D along with Team SoloMid, KT Rolster, and LGD Gaming. Origen went 3-0 in the 1st week of the round robin and ended the group with a 4-2 record, meaning they would advance to the knockout stage of the tournament. Origen won their quarterfinal series 3-1 against the Flash Wolves, becoming the first Western team to win a best-of-five at a World Championship, but were later knocked out by SK Telecom T1 in the semifinals.
Origen and mithy competed at IEM San Jose, and were given a bye to the semifinals due to Fnatic's withdrawal from the tournament. The team fielded their roster from the previous season, but with PowerOfEvil in the mid lane and xPeke taking a coaching role. They took down Team SoloMid in the semifinals, and went on to beat Counter Logic Gaming in the final - winning the tournament without losing a single game.
Origen's performance at IEM San Jose resulted in their qualification to the IEM World Championship. At the tournament, they first lost to Royal Never Give Up in the upper bracket of their group before then losing to Team SoloMid in the lower bracket, resulting in the team's elimination from the tournament.
After the end of the spring split, Mithy and Zven left Origen and joined G2 Esports.
- Has held several character names in his WoW days, all based around 'Mythic'. Through several iterations, he ended up with mithy as his final character name (and summoner name).
- Has climbed the ladder playing only Supports (mainly using Sona, Blitzcrank and Alistar). The Blitzcrank pick is still in effect in solo queue.
- He has a pet cat.
- Has a passion for discovering fine food products (i.e. from restaurants).
- His favorite drink is Nestea - Pineapples and Mango. It is only available in the Canari Islands.
- Looks up to MadLife as a player.
|2016-08-28||2016 EU LCS Summer Playoffs||G2 3 : 1 Splyce|
|2016-07-31||2016 EU LCS Summer Season||G2 10-8-0 Not found|
|2016-04-17||2016 EU LCS Spring Playoffs||Origen 1 : 3 G2 Esports|
|2015-11-22||IEM Season X - San Jose||OR 3 : 0 Counter Logic Gaming|
|2015-10-24||2015 Season World Championship||OR 0 : 3 SK Telecom T1|
|2015-08-31||2015 Season Europe Regional Finals||OR 3 : 0 Unicorns Of Love|
|2015-08-23||2015 EU LCS Summer Playoffs||OR 2 : 3 Fnatic|
|2015-04-08||2015 EU Challenger Series Spring Playoffs||OR 3 : 0 Copenhagen Wolves Academy|
|2015-04-06||Gamers Assembly 2015||OR 3 : 0 Millenium|
|2015-03-25||2015 EU Challenger Series Spring Season||OR 9 : 1 Not found|
|2015-03-04||ESL MWC Challenge||OR 2 : 0 Gamers2|
|2014-05-19||Solomid EU Tournament Circuit/Invitational 6||nip 3 : 0 Gamers2|
|2014-05-07||Solomid EU Tournament Circuit/Invitational 5||Rest In Pepperonis 3 : 1 Gamers2|
|2014-04-19||Copenhagen Games 2014||NIP 2 : 0 Cloud9 Eclipse|
|2014-04-11||2014 EU Challenger Series Playoffs||NIP 1 : 3 Cloud9 Eclipse|
|2014-03-20||2014 EU Challenger Series #2||NIP 2 : 0 Denial eSports EU|
|2014-02-14||2014 EU Challenger Series #1||NIP 0 : 2 Cloud9 Eclipse|
|2014-02-02||FACEIT Challenger Invitational||NiP 2 : 0 SK Gaming Prime|
|2014-01-28||EUW Challenger Series #18||NiP 3 : 0 The Fox Sound|
|2013-08-25||LCS Europe Season 3 Summer Playoffs||ld 1 : 3 Fnatic|
|2013-06-17||DreamHack Summer 2013||Heimerdinger's Colossi 0 : 2 Copenhagen Wolves|
|2013-06-05||EUW Challenger Series #7||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 0 mousesports|
|2013-06-01||SCAN & NVIDIA EUW Invitational||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 0 Eternity Gaming|
|2013-05-30||EUW Challenger Series #6||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 0 Not found|
|2013-05-23||EUW Challenger Series #5||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 0 peculiar gaming|
|2013-05-16||EUW Challenger Series #4||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 2 Absolute Legends|
- February 27th - 'Reflections with mithy' with OnGamers
- March 12th - Mithy talks joining NIP and their games against TCM with onGamers
- April 3rd - 'Reflections' with mithy with onGamers
- May 20th - Summoning Insight - Episode 9 with OnGamers
- August 26th - mithy: 'I'm proud of how much we have achieved in one split' with The Score Esports
- May 29th, Ask The Pros: Origen's Mithy with LoL Esports
- October 6th, Mithy on 3-0: "It Definitely Shows the Asian Teams Aren't Unbeatable Anymore" with Gamespot
- October 10th, Mithy on Origen's shotcalling and the surprise of being at Worlds with LoL Esports
- March 19th - Mithy on switching between mid laners: 'Now when we're playing with both PowerofEvil gets to learn a bit more' with TheScore eSports
- December 6th - 《LOL》2016 全明星賽「提摩玩到掛」系列：全明星小學堂 1 with Garena eSports
- December 8th - Mithy: ‘We had a lot of team talks… in the end we decided that we wanted to stick together.’ with YAHOO! Esports
- February 23rd - Interview with Mithy with IEM
- April 5th - Mithy on unique styles: "The meta is so set. If you find something.. everyone copies it in a second" with Blitz Esports
- May 11th - MITHY FALA SOBRE DIA 1 DO MSI E SOBRE O BRASIL with Mais e-Sports
- May 14th - Mithy breaks down the final moments of the first G2 vs TSM match, explains why G2 has a harder time at international events with YAHOO! Esports
- May 20th - G2 Mithy: 'We finally shot down this whole international meme for G2' with YAHOO! Esports
- June 28th - Mithy: "Si Gilius puede ir a la SLO y stompear a todo dios la cosa tiene que estar yendo fatal" with Movistar Esports
Articles & Videos
- September 24th - The Worlds Top 20: #17 - Mithy by LoL Esports
- September 26th -
- November 4th - Kelsey Moser's EU LCS 2016 Player Awards and All-Stars Votes by Kelsey Moser (thescoreesports.com)
- December 5th - Moments of Mayhem: Team Ice by LoL Esports
- December 7th - A Seriously Not Serious Guide: ASE 1v1 Tournament by Kien Lam (lolesports.com)
- December 16th - Who's better at juggling balls? ft. xPeke, Rekkles, mithy and aphromoo by TheScore eSports
- December 23rd - Watch LoL pros serenade you with their favorite Christmas songs by Lisa Doan (thescoreesports.com)
- February 11th - Who is Most Likely to: Bail you out of jail? by Lisa Doan (thescoreesports.com)
- February 14th - Mithy: Best & Worst Career Moments by LoL Esports
- March 14th - G2 Esports: Defeating the Monster by G2 Esports
- March 31st - Zven & Mithy: Synergy at first sight by LoL Esports
- May 4th - Sjokzin' Around: Hipster Party with Mithy by LoL Esports
- May 10th - 2017 MSI Group Stage Opening Tease by LoL Esports
- May 11th - Mithy on G2's first day and their latest international appearance: 'European teams have a trend to play very weird and bad, in my opinion.' by Emily Rand (esports.yahoo.com)
- May 12th - G2 Mithy: "Brazilian fans were cheering for me whether I win or lose." by Jaeic Lee (invenglobal.com)
- May 17th - G2 Mithy: 'We did earn our way here...it just feels like we could have done so much more' by Emily Rand (esports.yahoo.com)
- May 18th -
- Community divided on mithy’s pause, possible bug on Renekton’s W? by Beom Park (invenglobal.com)
- Eyes on MSI: Europe Ep. 3 by LoL Esports
- May 20th - The illusion of the steep advantage: G2 Esports and Team WE by Kelsey Moser (esports.yahoo.com)
- May 21st - G2 Mithy: "This is the G2 that we wanted to be. No more memes and no more curse." by Jaeic Lee (invenglobal.com)
- May 30th - This is our Kingdom by LoL Esports
- September 28th - G2 Esports talk tactics and strategy for Worlds by Pieter van Hulst (redbull.com)
- Esports Competition Ruling: Fining of Nukeduck and Mithy forums.na.leagueoflegends.com
- League of Legends Competition Ruling - Suspension of Nukeduck and Mithy euw.leagueoflegends.com
- End of Suspension Review: Alfonso “mithy” Aguirre Rodriguez lolesports.com
- Origen's Twitter Post twitter.com
- Introducing Origen’s top laner origen.gg