|Country of Birth||United States|
|Peak League||Challenger I|
Initially a substitute for Gravity, Matt was known in the NA servers for his Thresh play, with his former name being Matlife. In the middle of 2015, he was picked up by the Team Liquid organization and played with them for a few years. The team was never able to achieve great results though. Eventually Matt left the team and joined the Golden Guardians in the franchised NA LCS, along with former TL teammate Lourlo. Despite aiming to finally capture an NA LCS title, the team wasn't able to make the playoffs in both Spring and Summer.
Matthew "Matt" Elento was a substitute for Gravity in the 2015 NA LCS Season but never started for them. In May 2015, he also joined Team Liquid Academy and played for them in multiple tournaments, including the NACS 2015 Summer Qualifier and the HTC Ascension tournament. He also substituted for Vortex in week 2 of the NACS Summer Season.
Team Liquid Academy made it through the NACS 2016 Spring Open Qualifier and Main Qualifier without dropping a single game, easily qualifying for the NACS Spring Season. Additionally, Team Liquid announced that all members of TL Academy would also be active substitutes on the main Team Liquid roster for the spring season of the LCS.
After one game, that meant for Matt that he would be a permanent member of the LCS roster, and he replaced Smoothie for the rest of the season as Piglet's support. Matt became known for his Bard, though his highest winrates were with Alistar and Janna. Team Liquid finished fourth in the regular season, going on to defeat NRG in the quarterfinals before losing a narrow five-game series to Counter Logic Gaming (the eventual champions) and then a 3-0 to Immortals to end in fourth overall, continuing the team's "fourth-place curse."
|2016-04-16||2016 NA LCS Spring Playoffs||TL 0 : 3 Immortals|
|2016-01-13||2016 NA Challenger Series Spring Qualifier||Liquid A 3 : 0 Team Frostbite|
- January 18th, Despite loss, Team Liquid support Matt remains optimistic with Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- February 2nd, Interview with TL Matt about his favourite picks, masteries and facing IMT with Dignitas
- February 7th, Matt on improving his play: 'I'm still a work in progress' with theScore
- March 3rd, TL Matt: "Most support players, especially in this region, just don't really put that much time into just one champion." with Yahoo
- March 23rd, TL Matt: We're always going to be expecting to win with Yahoo
- March 25th, Matt: ‘My expectations are getting a lot higher, now I want to be a world class player’ with theScore
- April 2nd, Q&A: Matt “Matt” Elento on Team Liquid Academy, adjusting to the LCS and keeping his composure with Vince Nairn on Slingshot Esports
- April 8th, [LoL] Head-to-Head: Matt vs. Aphromoo with theScore
- April 15th, LoL NA LCS: 1 on 1 with Team Liquid - Matt with ESPN
- February 16th - Matt on Team Liquid’s recent struggles, their missed week of practice, and catching up before playoffs with YAHOO! Esports
- March 20th - Liquid’s Matt opens up about his struggle with panic attacks and his decision to step back from the team with YAHOO! Esports
- June 26th - TL Matt: “The most important thing in (team) feedback is the skill of tactfully telling someone an honest truth.” with Slingshot Esports
Articles & Videos
- March 22nd, DRIVE: The Matt Story #LCSDRIVE by LoL Esports
- March 27th, How Matt and Dardoch accelerated Team Liquid’s rebuild by Joe "Pistallion" Cannavino on Slingshot Esports
- May 18th - 'I was really stuck in a cycle I couldn't escape' — Sports psychologists, team houses and mental health in esports by Sasha Erfanian (thescoreesports.com)