|Player has retired.|
|Country of Birth:||Netherlands|
|Birthday:||July 28, 1991|
|Alternate IDs:||cGo YoungBuck, LLL YoungBuck, Crs YoungBuck, SK YoungBuck, EC YoungBuck, NGG YoungBuck, DB YoungBuck, mouz YoungBuck, CW YoungBuck|
|Peak League:||Diamond I (EU)|
|Social Media and Links|
| Team History|
Joey "YoungBuck" Steltenpool is the Head Coach for G2 Esports.
YoungBuck is a professional League of Legends player hailing from Bovenkarspel, Netherlands. He first played Red Alert II at age 11. Prior to League of Legends, he played Soldier of Fortune II and Red Alert III at a high level. One of YoungBuck's friends over SoF2 invited him to try League of Legends, and he initially declined the offer. However, his friend insisted, and the Dutch player installed the game before the Lux release (~ October 2010). He had a lot of friends coming into the game, and his first impressions were positive. Even though he "probably got stomped a lot," he stuck to it.
YoungBuck's first competitive team was LowLandLions, joining the team at the end of the season.
YoungBuck enjoyed success with his new team, winning many of the tournaments they participated in. This included 4Players.de All or Nothing 2, the monthly finals of 4Players.de Play4Fame 2012 April, the Scandic Games League, 4Players.de All or Nothing 3, and CDiscount Cup 3. The roster's impressive showings resulted in them being picked up by Team Curse Europe.
He then joined the roster of IWantCookie, where he played alongside Shook. YoungBuck competed with the team at Tales of the Lane, but could not make it out of the group stage. A month later, the team's roster was acquired by DragonBorns. Now with their new organisation, the team played in the SCAN Invitational, winning the tournament without losing a game. However, just two weeks later, YoungBuck left the team along with Shook. Both joined mousesports soon after.
After leaving mousesports, YoungBuck joined Esport4Life. Also on the team at this time were Freeze and Unlimited. The team changed name to Samurai in Jeans and enjoyed success in multiple Go4LoLs before finishing 2nd in the SoloMid EU Invitational 3, losing to MeetYourMakers in the final of the tournament. This was followed by a 3rd place finish at the LCS Season 3 Go4LoL Summer Promotion Qualifier, meaning they would have a chance to qualify for the LCS later on in the season.
A 1st place finish at the SoloMid EU Invitational 4 led the team into the LCS Europe Season 3 Summer Promotion in good form. Despite this, after beating Anexis eSports in the challenger round, Samurai in Jeans were unable to beat Copenhagen Wolves in their promotion matchup.
YoungBuck and the team competed in DreamHack Summer 2013, taking first place in their maiden tournament with a 2-1 victory over Dark Passage. The Copenhagen Wolves also finished first at Gfinity London 2013, defeating Eternity Gaming 2-0. After failing to qualify for the Season 4 Spring Promotion Tournament via the Season 4 LCS Spring Promotion Qualifier, they secured their place in the Promotion Tournament after taking 1st place at the Gamescom Qualifier. The team then managed to finish in 2nd place at DreamHack Bucharest.
He and the team also competed in the International Invitational Tournament 2, which Copenhagen Wolves managed to win, beating Team Dignitas UK in the final. This followed this up with another tournament win, this time at ASUS RoG Paris Games Week 2013. With the team's roster on a hot streak, they went on to win the EUW Challenger Series Week 14 Cup and the amateur tournament at IEM Season VIII - Cologne, beating Ninjas in Pyjamas in the final.
YoungBuck and the team carried their form into the next season, winning every game in the group stage in the LCS Spring Promotion, and going on to beat MeetYourMakers in their promotion matchup. This meant that the team would be playing in the Spring Split. The split was not a huge success for the team, however a 6th place finish meant that the team had a spot in the Spring Playoffs.
The playoffs were not successful for YoungBuck and the Copenhagen Wolves, going out in the quarterfinals to Alliance. This meant that they would have to fight for their LCS status in the Summer Promotion. YoungBuck helped the team to a win in their promotion matchup against Denial eSports.Europe.
This meant that the team would play in the Summer Split. The split was a struggle for the team, who did not make it out of the bottom 3 in the standings table at all over the split - Copenhagen Wolves ended up finishing last, in 8th place. This meant that they would have to play in the Spring Promotion to fight for the team's LCS status. YoungBuck and the team managed to win their promotion match-up, beating H2k-Gaming.
Ready for the start of the season, YoungBuck joined the ranked 5's ladder team Unlucky Rejects, composed of the former Copenhagen Wolves roster with Freeze in place of Woolite. The team qualified for the Expansion Tournament, but on November 18th, Copenhagen Wolves announced that they were re-signing the Unlucky Rejects roster.
YoungBuck participated in the Spring Split with the Copenhagen Wolves, and his contribution helped the team to a 6th place finish in the regular season, securing them a place in the Spring Playoffs. YoungBuck and the team lost to H2k-Gaming in the playoff quarterfinals, meaning they would collect 10 Championship Points for the split.
He also participated with the Copenhagen Wolves in the Summer Split, but stepped down from the team's starting roster before the start of the sixth week of the split following a leak of internal conversations about the organization.
YoungBuck joined Enemy as Head Coach just a month later.
- Used to be the fan of Rap singer "Young Buck" at age 13 and created his account on Soldier of Fortune II with the handle he currently has.
- Well known for his Renekton, which he used to climb to Solo Queue's Top 5 in Season 2.
- Came close to qualifying to the LCS twice (1: mousesports, 2: Samurai in Jeans) before qualifying with the Copenhagen Wolves.
- Loves working out and body building.
- Used to practice kickboxing before stumbling on League of Legends.
- Looks up to Alistair Overeem, an MMA fighter, and Mirko Cro Cop, a UFC fighter.
- His motto is an Alistair Overeem quote: "Train hard, play easy"
- One of his favorite meals is chicken with Saté sauce, a sauce made of peanut butter. Likes drinking Vanilla Coca-Cola.
- Always wanted to stay in a role that involves directly interacting with team members, after retirement.
- Finished Season 1 with an Elo rating near the 1500s. Then ascended through the ranks in Season 2, playing a lot of Corki and Renekton.
|2012-11-25||SCAN Invitational||DragonBorns 2 : 0 Invicti Aeterna|
|2012-11-18||PROG4MER League Season 1||NG-Gamer 0 : 2 LowLandLions|
|2012-08-25||Campus Gaming Party: Berlin||Eclypsia.Luna 0 : 2 mousesports|
|2012-06-03||Reign of Gaming International Invitational||Team Curse Europe 1 : 2 Teamless|
|2012-05-28||CDiscount Cup 3||Absolute Legends 2 : 1 Team Sypher|
|2012-05-20||4Players.de All or Nothing 3||Absolute Legends 2 : 0 SK Gaming|
|2012-04-25||4Players.de All or Nothing 2||Absolute Legends 2 : 0 Moscow Five|
|2012-02-16||Alienware Arena Europe: Winter||LowLandLions 2 : 1 Team FragZone|
- April 15th, Making A Buck: The parents of G2’s coach brought him up right by Jason Killingsworth on LoL Esports
- March 23rd, Interview with CW Youngbuck: “If we make it to playoffs I think we can upset a lot of teams.” with News of Legends
- January 6th, Interview with CW Youngbuck: “We accidentally found the best ADC in Europe.” with News of Legends
- January 8th, Rift Talk #7 - Joey "YoungBuck" Steltenpool (video) with Rift Talk
- February 21st, EU LCS 2014 W6: Interview with CW YoungBuck (video) with SK Gaming
- March 25th, Youngbuck discusses Millennium's new jungle and more after their match (video) with OnGamers
- April 2nd, EU LCS 2014 W11: Interview with CW YoungBuck (video) with SK Gaming
- April 21st, An Interview with Joey "YoungBuck" Steltenpool with LCS Central
- May 14th, Youngbucks discusses the additions of woolite and Airwaks to Copenhagen Wolves (video) with onGamers
- July 10th, Copenhagen Wolves YoungBuck Interview - EU LCS Wembley (video) with Cooler Master
- July 23rd, Inside the Copenhagen Wolves’ Pack: Interview with Joey “YoungBuck” Steltenpool – EU LCS Week 9 with AZUBU
- September 9th, YoungBuck discusses CW's fight to stay alive in the LCS (video) onGamers
- January 19th, aL Lounge - The European 16 - Mouz Youngbuck (video) with Absolute Legends
- June 16th, DH Summer: Youngbuck Interview (video) with Cadred
- July 14th, Gfinity: Copenhagen Wolves Interview (video) with Cadred
- August 22nd, Copenhagen Wolves Take Top Slot in Challenger Series at Gamescom (video) with GameSpot
- October 21st, Interview Copenhagen Wolves Youngbuck League of Legends op FIRSTLOOK 2013 (Dutch video) with DagelijksHaaDee
- November 24th, IEM Cologne: Interview with CPH Wolves Youngbuck (video) with SK Gaming
- December 14th, Promotion Tournament: Interview with CPH Wolves YoungBuck (video) with SK Gaming
- June 3rd, Interview with Crs YoungBuck: "Renekton feels the love and commitment I have for him" with Team Dignitas
- August 10th, Interview with Youngbuck with Absolute Legends
- August 20th, Interview with EC YoungBuck with Eclypsia
- CW re-signs League of Legends team cphwolves.gg