|Team has Renamed.|
|Sponsor(s):||CM Storm |
Operation Supply Drop
|Created:||2011-08-28 LoL Division|
|Player Trades:||2014-09-19 Cop leaves |
2014-10-22 acq. Piglet
2014-11-11 Voyboy leaves
- 1 History
- 2 Timeline
- 3 Player Roster
- 4 Player LCS Participation
- 5 Organization
- 6 Team Achievements
- 7 Highlight Videos
- 8 Videos
- 9 Articles
- 10 Interviews
- 11 Trivia
- 12 Gallery
- 13 See Also
- 14 External Links
- 15 References
Team Curse is a North American League of Legends team sponsored by Curse, Inc., an online game portal and network of gaming sites. The roster was first formed by LiQuiD112 in 2010, when the team was originally named Team XXX. The team first received a sponsorship from unRestricted eSports. After qualifying for MLG Raleigh in August 2011, they obtained a sponsorship with Curse, and renamed to Curse Gaming.
In February 2012, they held their first major tournament, the LoLPro.com Curse Invitational, which coincided with the launch of their League of Legends website, lolpro.com.
Acquisition of unRestricted Roster
On August 25, 2011, the former unRestricted roster was picked up by Team Curse. Team Curse was Curse.com's first foray into the eSports scene. The initial roster of the team included LiQuiD112, DontMashMe, Doublelift, SYDTKO, Pobelter, Lapaka, Nyjacky, and Jsura.
Team Curse attended their first event at 2011 MLG Raleigh, where they took 4th place, after losing three series. The team lost the best of three series against Counter Logic Gaming 1-2, Epik Gamer 1-2, and Team SoloMid 0-2, but obtained 40 Circuit Points from the event. This placed Team Curse in 4th in the NA Circuit Rankings behind the other three teams at the event.
During Pre-Season 2, Curse reached the finals of the CSN Dawn of Champions Cup 2011 where they fell to Team WE 2-0, placing them second overall. Half a month later, Curse attended their second North American LAN, IGN Proleague Season 3 - Atlantic City, where they gained a 5th-8th placing after falling to Dignitas in the first round. Attending their first international event, Curse was one of the American invitees to IEM Season VI - Global Challenge New York where they took a 5th-6th placing, going 1-2 in the group stage by defeating v8 Esports while falling to SK Gaming and Sypher. Curse's jungler Lapaka later decided to leave the team, stating his main reason as internal conflicts with one of the team members. 
With the arrival of Season 2 came changes to the Curse roster, with DontMashMe leaving due to irreconcilable differences with the management and direction of Curse, and Doublelift leaving in order to pursue a career with Counter Logic Gaming Prime as their new AD carry. Despite the departure of some of their key players, Curse was still able to play in the National ESL Premier League Season 2, placing second behind Counter Logic Gaming.
After being benched from CLG, support player Elementz joined Curse on December 19th. The next two major tournaments that Curse would attend were IEM Kiev and IEM Hanover on January 22nd and March 10th, respectively. At IEM Kiev the team went 1-3 in the group stage, defeating White Lotus but losing to SK Gaming and Team SoloMid. At Hanover, Curse went 2-3 in groups and advanced to the quarterfinals but then lost 2-0 to CLG. At IPL 4, the team once again placed 5th/6th, defeating Epik Gamer 2-0 in round one, but losing to Team SoloMid 2-0 in the second round and then finally eliminated by Monomaniac 2-1 in the loser's bracket.
In May, long-time League of Legends player and theorycrafter Thomas "SYDTKO" Oh retired from competitive League of Legends. In the same month, a three-team shuffle occurred between Curse, Dignitas, and CLG. Crumbzz left Curse because he was unable to move into their gaming house due to school commitments and joined Team Dignitas, replacing Voyboy in the toplane; Voyboy moved from Dignitas to CLG, staying in the toplane; and CLG's jungler Saintvicious joined Curse to replace Crumbzz.
On June 8th, Curse picked up Westrice as their top laner, as Pobelter was too young to move into a gaming house. Curse's first competitive matches with Westrice as their top laner were at the MLG 2012 - Spring Championship, where the newly reformed team was able to place 7th/8th. On August 26th, Curse won the 2012 MLG Pro Circuit/Summer/Championship, beating Dignitas in the best of 5 finals 3-2. However, both teams were disqualified by MLG and Riot for violating MLG's Official Pro Circuit Conduct Rules: "competitors may not intentionally Forfeit a Game or conspire to manipulate Rankings or Brackets." No prize money or circuit points were awarded to either teams.
On August 20th, Curse would compete in the North American Regional Season 2 World Championship Qualifier, but failed to qualify, placing 4th, losing to Counter Logic Gaming in the 3rd place match.
Following the conclusion of Season 2, on October 19th, 2012, Curse hosted an Extra Life League of Legends charity stream marathon supporting the Seattle Children's Hospital. 
Team Curse would pick up gold in two minor tournaments in Solo Mid Series Week 4 and Solo Mid Series Week 5. Elementz would not play in these two tournaments, instead the winner of the Curse 1v1 tournament Rhux would tryout for the support position. On November 21st, LiQuiD112 announced on The Morning Liquid show that they would be benching Elementz in favor of Rhux. He cited that it would give them a "better opportunity" at the upcoming IPL 5 event.
Curse would compete in the IPL 5 tournament in Las Vegas on the 29th of November. They would take third in the group stages, suffering defeat twice at the hands of Moscow 5, but managing to win against Blackbean from Thailand. Being knocked to the losers bracket, Curse would sweep the series against Team Dynamic, and then be forced to fight against their sister team Curse EU. They would manage to eliminate Curse EU from the tournament 2-1 to advance against Taipei Assassins. The Taiwanese team would defeat them 2-0, ending their tournament run. Team Curse placed 7th-8th at the event and took home $1,750 in winnings.
Curse started off the Spring Season of the NA LCS Spring Season strong. They didn't drop a single game, up until week 4, when they lost their first game to Dignitas. Despite that loss, and having a rough rest of the season, Curse still finished 2nd, securing their spot in the Spring Playoffs along with securing their spot in the Summer Season of the NA LCS. Despite having a roster change right before the Playoffs, Curse went on to place 4th in the NA LCS Spring Playoffs.
On the eve of the NA LCS Summer Season, Team Curse announced the huge news that they would be filling their support role by EU ex-Gambit Gaming member Edward, who was the EU LCS All Star. He would be the first player to ever in both NA and EU LCS. Despite the huge roster acquisition, Curse had a shaky Summer season, fighting hard to stay in the middle of the pack. They did end the season 13-15 in a 4th spot place going into NA LCS Summer Playoffs. They first faced off against Team Dignitas and even though winning their first game in a dominating fashion, they lost the next ones, losing 1-2, therefore having to play CLG for the 5th spot decider. Curse was unable to best them in the set losing 0-2, and were sent to relegation to play for their spot back in the Season 4 Spring Promotion.
In October 2013, it would be announced Team Curse would change its roster in a major way after disappointing results at the end of Season 3. It would include the departure of support player Edward, the last player of the original Curse lineup, Nyjacky would be moved to the reformed Curse Gaming EU roster, now named Team LoL Pro. Cop would move to a sub position while also joining the LoL Pro roster. Saintvicious stepped down from the player roster to become their coach/analyst. Curse would recruit ex-CLG support Aphromoo as their new starting AD, ex-Curse Academy mid Pobelter, ex-Curse Academy coach/jungler IWillDominate would replace Saintvicious in the jungle, and ex-coach/support for To Be Determined, Zekent. Voyboy would be the only remaining member untouched on the roster to stay in his top lane position.
The new team's first challenge would be the new organized Challenger league they were invited to, the North American Challenger League.
Curse's starting roster for the spring split consisted of Quas, IWDominate, Voyboy, Cop, and Zekent. After the end of the third week of the split, Saintvicious became the starting support in place of Zekent, and then at the end of the seventh week Saintvicious was in turn replaced by Bunny FuFuu, who dazzled fans with his Thresh play. Curse finished the split in fifth place, behind Team Dignitas and ahead of Team Coast, and they ended up passing Dignitas in the playoffs to end the season in fourth place.
On May 4th, after being benched from Team SoloMid, Xpecial became the starting support for Team Curse, replacing Bunny FuFuu. The roster that played in the LCS Summer Split was Quas, IWDominate, Voyboy, Cop, and Xpecial. Curse finished fourth in both the regular season and the playoffs after beating Counter Logic Gaming in the quarterfinals but then losing to Cloud9 and LMQ.
On September 19th, after the summer LCS was over, Cop was removed from the starting roster and moved to Curse Academy as the starting AD carry there. It wasn't until October 22nd that he was replaced, when Curse brought in former SK Telecom T1 K starting AD carry Piglet to the team.
On October 13th, the team re-signs their current roster of Voyboy, Quas, IWillDominate, and Xpecial until October 20th, 2015. They added former LMQ head coach Peter Zhang and sports psychologist Jim Aphremow and decide to lease office space for practice, so that the working and and living environments would be separate for the players.
Team Curse was one of the fan-voted teams to IEM Cologne, along with CLG and Gambit Gaming; however, they were unable to accept the invitation to play due to visa issues. On December 13th, Curse announced that Miso, now FeniX, would fill the mid lane spot on their roster for the 2015 season.
On December 19th, the Curse organization announced that Team Curse would move forward without bearing the name "Curse" as a title sponsor, in order to allow the organization to continue promoting Curse Voice with other LCS teams and continue to comply with LCS regulations. As a result, Team Curse merged with Team Liquid. See the continuation of the roster's history there.
- To see the continuation of the roster's history, see Team Liquid.
- February 4th, Saintvicious becomes the starting support while Zekent becomes a substitute/coach.
- February 25th, Sheep leaves.
- March 6th, Bunny FuFuu joins as starting support while Saintvicious steps down to substitute/coach.
- May 4th, Xpecial joins, Bunny FuFuu becomes a sub.
- May 23rd, Keane joins as sub.
- July 3rd, Astro Gaming sponsors Team Curse.
- September 19th, Cop is released.
- September 24th, PtotheD joins as new Head Coach.
- October 22nd, Piglet joins. 
- November 11th, Voyboy leaves.
- December 13th, FeniX joins.
- February, Hai joins.
- February 10th, CM Storm sponsors Team Curse.
- March 20th, Alienware sponsors Team Curse.
- April 7th, Swain Gretzky joins.
- April, OneBadBrad joins.
- April 20th, Elementz becomes a sub and Rhux becomes starting support.
- May 11th, Hai leaves.
- June 1st, Elementz leaves. Rhux plays in the Spring Playoffs.
- June 7th, Edward joins. Rhux becomes a sub.
- July 15th, Only Jaximus joins.
- August 19th, Nissan sponsors Team Curse.
- October 7th, Edward leaves. Nyjacky is moved to Team LoL Pro. Cop becomes a sub and is also moved to LoL Pro roster. Pobelter, Aphromoo, Zekent and IWillDominate join while Saintvicious moves to coaching position.
- October 13th, Pobelter and Aphromoo are released.
- October 14th, Quas joins. Cop moves back to starting AD.
- January 19th, TeamSpeak sponsors Team Curse.
- Mid May, SYDTKO leaves.
- May 19th, Saintvicious replaces Crumbzz.
- June 8th, Westrice replaces Pobelter.
- August 12th, 2nd place at IPL Face Off: San Francisco Showdown.
- September 2nd, 4th place at Season 2 - Regional Finals Seattle
- September 28th, Salce joins.
- October 20th, Rhux joins.
- November 1st, Voyboy joins. Salce leaves.
- November 21st, Rhux becomes starting support. Elementz becomes sub.
- December 6th, Elementz becomes starting support. Rhux becomes sub.
- December 15th, Westrice leaves.
- August 25th, Team Curse signs former unRestricted roster. LiQuiD112, DontMashMe, Doublelift, SYDTKO, Pobelter, Lapaka, Nyjacky, and Jsura join. 
- To read about unRestricted history (Early 2011 - August 2011), click here.
|Quas||Diego Ruiz||Top||Team Liquid|
|IWillDominate||Christian Rivera||Jungle||Team Liquid|
|FeniX||Kim Jae-hoon (김재훈)||Mid||Team Liquid|
|Piglet||Chae Gwang-jin (채광진)||AD||Team Liquid|
|Xpecial||Alex Chu||Support||Team Liquid|
|Saintvicious||Brandon DiMarco||Sub/Jungle||Curse Academy|
|Keane||Jang Lae-young (장래영)||Sub/Mid||Curse Academy|
|zignature||Derek Shao||Sub/AD||Team Liquid Academy|
|Bunny FuFuu||Michael Kurylo||Sub/Support||Curse Academy|
|Cop||David Roberson||AD||Curse Academy|
|Rhux||Keenan Santos||Sub/Top||Team Coast|
|Nyjacky||Jacky Wang||Sub/Mid||Team Liquid|
|LOD||Ben deMunck||Sub/AD||Team Coast|
|Sheep||Jamie Gallagher||Sub/Support||XDG Gaming|
|Swain Gretzky||Aaron Bean||Sub/Mid|
|Only Jaximus||Phillip Carter||Sub/Mid|
|Aphromoo||Zaqueri Black||AD||Counter Logic Gaming|
|Pobelter||Eugene Park||Mid||Evil Geniuses|
|Edward||Edward Abgaryan||Support||Gambit Gaming|
|Hai||Hai Lam||Sub||Quantic Gaming|
|Westrice||Jonathan Nguyen||Sub||Epik Gamer|
|Salce||Trevor Salce||Top||Epik Gamer|
|Crumbzz||Alberto Rengifo||Jungle||Team Dignitas|
|DontMashMe||Brandon Phan||AD||compLexity Gaming|
|Doublelift||Peter Peng||AD||Counter Logic Gaming|
|Lapaka||Luis Perez||Jungle||Absolute Legends NA|
|Pobelter||Eugene Park||Top||Westrice||MLG Summer Arena|
|GibPfötchen||Peter Gaida||Top||SYDTKO||IEM Season VI - World Championship|
|Only Jaximus||Phillip Carter||Top||Pobelter||IEM Season VI - Global Challenge Kiev|
Player LCS Participation
- For a full chart listing all LCS players, click here.
|LiQuiD112||Steve Arhancet||Owner||Team Liquid|
|jokasteve||Steve Perino||General Manager||Team Liquid|
|Peter||Peter Zhang (張藝)||Head Coach||Team Liquid|
|MarkZ||Mark Zimmerman||Head Analyst||Team Liquid|
|Jim Afremow||Sports Pyschologist|
|Saintvicious||Brandon DiMarco||Coach||Curse Academy|
|In Major Tournaments|
|2013-02-01||1st||National ESL Pro Series V||W:FF||Team Dignitas||$ 6,000|
|2012-12-16||1st||SoloMid Series Finals||3 : 1||Cloud9||$ 8,000|
|2012-11-11||2nd||Lone Star Clash 2||2 : 3||CLG Europe||$ 4,000|
|2012-08-05||3rd||2012 MLG Summer Arena||1 : 2||Group Stage (W/L)|
|2012-07-06||3rd||National ESL Pro Series III||W:FF||Team SoloMid||$ 900|
|2011-12-18||2nd||National ESL Premier League II||0 : 2||Counter Logic Gaming||$ 1,200|
- June 21st - A Tour of the Team Curse Gaming House (video)
- December 18th - Curse or die: A highlight reel of the new Team Curse (video)
- September 15th - I'm Mark, Curse's Coach/Analyst. AMA with Reddit
- January 10th - Curse: High Stakes (video) with LoLChampSeries
- November 14th - Liquid: "I feel great about the roster we have now" with LoL eSports
- November 16th - Team Curse talks about new roster with LoL eSports
- January 21st - Interview with Elementz by Pico
- February 28th - Curse's Vice President of Marketing Donovan Duncan Interview by Pico
- June 2nd - Crs SaintVicious Interview by AskJoshy
- July 2nd - I am Hubert Thieblot, founder and CEO of Curse. AMA with Reddit
- August 7th - First look inside the Curse League of Legends Beverly Hills Gaming House with Forbes
- September 25th - New Curse Gaming Director Of ESports Steve Arhancet Believes In The Future Of Pro Gaming with Forbes
- Is jokingly referred to as CLG.Bench, or some variation thereof, by followers due to a history of acquiring released Counter Logic Gaming players (Elementz, Saintvicious, Voyboy and Aphromoo)
- Reign of Gaming -- League of Legends news, tier lists, blogs, streams, and more!
- LoLPro - Pro League of Legends Guides and Videos
- Curse Team Profile on lolesports.com
- A Tour of the Team Curse Gaming House
- Roads - Team Curse on azubu.tv
- Lapaka No Longer In Team Curse. na.leagueoflegends.com
- IEM Season VI - Kiev: Curse Gaming Groupstage Results esl-world.net
- IEM Season VI - Hanover: Curse Gaming Groupstage Results esl-world.net
- IEM Season VI - Hanover: Curse Gaming Playoff Results esl-world.net
- An Important Message Regarding MLG Summer Championship League of Legends majorleaguegaming.com
- 2012 Pro Circuit Conduct Rules majorleaguegaming.com
- Harnessing Elo For Good - Curse Charity Stream Marathon leagueoflegends.com
- The Morning Liquid Show Ep. 10 youtube.com
- Curse's Twitter Post twitter.com
- Welcome Fenix to the Mid Lane teamcurse.net
- Team Curse being renamed in 2015 reddit.com
- Team Liquid and Former Curse Become One teamliquidpro.com
- XDG would like to welcome SHEEP! xd.gg
- Curse Adds New Support for Super Week teamcurse.net
- Xpecial Joins Team Curse teamcurse.net
- Keane joins as sub ongamers.com
- Astro Gaming sponsors Curse teamcurse.net
- Team Curse Releases Cop teamcurse.net
- Team Curse Adds New Coach teamcurse.net
- Team Curse Adds Piglet teamcurse.net
- Voyboy's Twitter Post facebook.com
- Fenix joins Team Curse teamcurse.net
- Cooler Master Enters ESports Through League Of Legends Team Curse Sponsorship forbes.com
- Dell Invests In League Of Legends Team Curse With Alienware Sponsorship forbes.com
- Swain Gretzky's Facebook Post facebook.com
- Elementz to become Free Agent; Rhux in as Support for Curse reignofgaming.net
- ZionSpartan's Reddit Post reddit.com
- Team Curse Adds Edward (Previously Gamit Gaming) to Starting League of Legends Lineup teamcurse.net
- Curse Adds Jaximus as Sub for League of Legends teamcurse.net
- Nissan teamcurse.net
- Voyboy's Facebook Post facebook.com
- Pobelter's Twitter Post twitter.com
- Aphro's twitter post twitter.com
- ggLA's Reddit Post Reddit.com
- Cop's Vlog "I'm back... " youtube.com
- TeamSpeak Sponsors Team Curse, A Pro LoL Team! teamspeak.com
- saintvicious joined curse crumbzz to dignitas reignofgaming.net
- Westrice replaces Pobelter for Curse after Anaheim! D-eSports.com
- Curse.NA - News about the future of Salce/Westrice reignofgaming.net
- Voyboy joins Curse Gaming reignofgaming.net
- Salce's Twitter post twitter.com
- SotLTravis Twitter status twitter.com
- Westrice Reddit post reddit.com
- Curse Is Sponsoring A League of Legends Pro Team curse.com
- Official Thread for Curse Gaming Roster Changes leagueoflegends.com
- CLG Welcomes Doublelift back to the Fold! clgaming.net
- DontMashme no Longer on Curse solomid.net
- Oh you guys.. rog.clgaming.net
- About Team Curse lolpro.com