|Name:||Shin Woo-yeong (신우영)|
|Country of Birth:||South Korea|
|Alternate IDs:||SeraphicaI, LetMePlayTop (NA), SeraphXD (NA), TDK kina (NA)|
|Peak League:||Challenger I (NA) 238 LP|
|Peak League:||Challenger I (KR)|
|Social Media and Links|
| Team History|
|Share this Page|
Shin "Seraph" Woo-yeong is a South Korean League of Legends player who is currently the top laner for Team EnVyUs.
Seraph began his League of Legends career as a toplane substitute for NaJin White Shield, though he only played one game with the team in OGN. When Counter Logic Gaming announced that they were searching globally for a new toplaner, Seraph approached MonteCristo at an event and requested a tryout.
The community had high expectations for CLG Seraph, and at first the team did well, a contender for first place in the region for the first eight weeks of the summer split, but ultimately they were unable to qualify for Worlds and Seraph's performance was called into question.
Seraph namechanged to kina and joined Team Dragon Knights in January. They played in the NACS Spring Qualifier, where they defeated Team Frostbite and Storm to qualify for the spring season; he then started playing under the name Seraph again.
Team Dragon Knights qualified for the spring season of NACS, beating Team Frostbite and Storm in the qualifier. They placed second in the season with a 7-3 record, behind Enemy eSports. In the playoffs, they beat Team Fusion 2-1 before losing to Enemy 1-3, sending them to the Summer Promotion Tournament. Despite the fact that they had placed higher than Fusion, Winterfox chose to play against them. TDK used substitute mid laner Alex Ich in their promotional matches and won 3-1, successfully qualifying for the NA LCS Summer Split.
Due to visa issues, Team Dragon Knights were unable to use their full roster for the first four weeks of the summer split, as Emperor and Ninja were unable to travel to the United States to play with the team. They instead substituted in LattmaN for Emperor and Bischu and mancloud for Ninja; Baby also substituted for Smoothie for their first three games. The substitute rosters went a combined 0-9, but when Emperor and Ninja finally joined the team for the second day of the fifth week, the team defeated first-place Team Dignitas. Despite that initial success, Team Dragon Knights were only able to secure two more victories over the next four weeks, and they finished in last place with a 3-15 record, one game behind Enemy. As a result, they were automatically relegated to the 2016 NA Challenger Series Spring Season.
From September to December 2015, Team Dragon Knights briefly renamed to Team Arena Online; however, they changed their name back due to concerns from Riot about the title sponsor Arena Online fulfilling their promises to the community regarding a million-dollar tournament circuit. Seraph, Ninja, and Kez stayed with the team through both renamings; however, Ninja was suspended for two months for his role in an attempt to recruit Samsung AD carry Fury while he was under contract.
Current Season Statistics
|NA LCS 2016 Summer Statistics|
- Click here for full 2016 season statistics.
- February 2nd, Seraph on TiP's future: 'If they keep practicing hard...they definitely can make the playoffs' with theScore
- February 6th, Seraph on Playing with TIP: Says Mash is Smarter than Doublelift with G|League] with Dignitas
- March 14th, Seraph: Renegades is now the second-best team in North America with Yahoo
- June 3rd, NV Seraph Broadcast Interview (NV vs. NRG) with LoL Esports
- May 15th, Interview with TDK Seraph: “After leaving CLG I just desired to win and improve my skills.” with News of Legends
- May 20th, LCS 본선에 오른 최초 한국 선수, CLG '세라프' 신우영 인터뷰 (Korean) (English) with Inven
- May 21st, Seraph talks about being in the US and playing with CLG (video) with onGamers
- June 1st, Seraph talks about his first weeks in NA LCS (video) with onGamers
- June 14th, Seraph talks about CLG vs Complexity and overcoming his nerves (video) with onGamers
- June 20th, Doublelift and Seraph discuss their game against LMQ and Double vs Korean AD Carries (video) onGamers
- June 5th, Seraph returns to the NA LCS from LoL Esports
- Seraph Montage [MAD MOVIE #1] (video)
- Seraph playing Quarter Final Tie Breaker Champions Winter 2014 (video)
- CLG confirms Seraph as leading candidate for top lane, will tryout at the CLG team house ongamers.com
- Seraph joins CLG clgaming.net
- Zionspartan joins CLG! blog.ibuypower.com
- Team Dragon Knights is now Team Arena Online, retains Seraph, Kez, and Ninja dailydot.com
- Say goodbye to Team Arena Online and hello (again) to Team Dragon Knights dailydot.com
- Competitive Ruling: Chris Shim, Geon-Woo “Ninja” Noh, & Jin-Yong “Fury” Lee lolesports.com