Q duration reduced and cooldown increased.
For anyone that’s laned against Quinn, this change is a bit of a no-brainer. While giving her the ability to shut down long-ranged champions (like Xerath or Jhin) is neat, in reality Quinn just finds the weakest melee champion on the enemy team and controls their ability to contribute. Quinn’s identity is all about hyper-roaming and the flexible pick/pushing potential that comes with that. Quinn’s identity is not making melee champions obsolete - so we’re adjusting.
Q - Blinding Assault
COOLDOWN : 11/10/9/8/7 seconds ⇒ 11/10.5/10/9.5/9 seconds
DURATION : 2 seconds ⇒ 1.5 seconds
While Blinding Assault doesn't truly blind anymore, there was a nasty bug that would make key abilities like Udyr's E- Bear Stance or Twisted Fate's W - Pick-A-Card miss while nearsighted. That's pretty frustrating, and also just not how the ability is meant to work. Fixed!
Q - Blinding Assault
I SEE : Fixed a bug where some empowered basic attacks would miss while nearsighted.
Attack damage down. Q damage and ratio decreased, and cost increased.
If you’ve played against Quinn this patch, you already know that Blinding Assault does too much damage for the utility it provides. Hitting her damage across the board cements proper use of Harrier and Blinding Assault’s smokescreen effect to win duels, rather than just clicking on them really hard.
BASE ATTACK damage : 56.46 ⇒ 54.46
Q - Blinding Assault
BASE damage : 25/55/85/115/145 ⇒ 20/45/70/95/120
ratio : 0.8/0.95/1.1/1.25/1.4 total attack damage ⇒ 0.8/0.9/1.0/1.1/1.2 total attack damage
cost : 50 mana ⇒ 50/55/60/65/70 mana
Once we were blind, but now we can see.
After her update, Quinn's in a powerful yet binary state. Her two main outputs are: one, executing people with high bursts of damage, and two, insane map mobility. These two strengths work fabulously if Quinn's ahead, but when behind, she has access to neither.
In 5.23, we're smoothing out Quinn's damage curve to be less punishing when she gets ahead. We're also also adding a 'pseudo-blind' back to
Aerial Blinding Assault, infusing some tactical utility when she can't scrap it out. Fighting a melee combatant? 'Blind' them and vault away to juke, or toss Valor into a teamfight to disrupt their attempts to save their allies. We want dueling as Quinn to have more moments than just, 'vault on them and hope they die before I do.
Passive - Harrier
NEW BASE DAMAGE : 15-105 (at levels 1-18)
RATIO : 1.5 total attack damage ⇒ 1.16 - 1.5 total attack damage (at levels 1-18)
Q - Blinding Assault
NAME : Aerial Assault ⇒ Blinding Assault
REMOVED THAT WAS QUICK : No longer deals increased damage based on your enemy's missing health
REMOVED GOING HUNGRY : No longer refunds half the cooldown when it kills an enemy
NEW I DON'T SEE IT : Now applies Nearsight to the first target hit for 2 seconds, removing allied vision and reducing its vision radius to 300
NEW FULLY PARALYZED : When cast on non-champions, renders them unable to attack or cast spells
BASE DAMAGE : 20/45/70/95/120 ⇒ 25/55/85/115/145
RATIO : 0.7/0.75/0.8/0.85/0.9 total attack damage + 0.35 ability power ⇒ 0.80/0.95/1.10/1.25/1.40 total attack damage + 0.5 ability power
R - Behind Enemy Lines
RENAMED : Tag Team ⇒ Behind Enemy Lines
Kicking off our foray into the Marksman Update, Quinn's a champion that's always been confusing to say the least. Too unsafe to see success as a typical bottom laner, she was banished to the land of ‘niche top laners', either snowballing and forcing surrenders or losing the game before getting off the ground. Quinn's always had her unique traits, but never enough in one direction to find a true identity in League.
Now, Demacia's Wings bear the responsibility as their team's first-responders in case of emergency. Need to stop a split-push in progress? Need to create one of your own? Quinn and Valor can put out (or start) fires wherever there's trouble, patrolling the Rift at top speed on practically no cooldown. As flexible as ever, the dynamic duo are ready to take flight in almost any position, given you've got a keen sense of map awareness to support your daring maneuvers.
BASE ATTACK DAMAGE : 51.04 ⇒ 56.46
ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH STAT : 3 ⇒ 2.41
EYES IN THE SKY : Recommended Items updated
Passive - Harrier
BONUS DAMAGE : 25 - 215 (+0.5 bonus attack damage) ⇒ 0.5 total attack damage
COOLDOWN : 8 seconds
IT'S A LOT OF MATH : Harrier's cooldown is reduced by 1% per 1% Critical Strike Chance, multiplicatively (ex. at 50% Critical Strike Chance, Harrier's cooldown is ~5 seconds, at 100% Critical Strike Chance, the cooldown is ~3 seconds)
NO TIME TO WASTE : Valor now marks targets as Vulnerable immediately when Harrier is available
Q - Aerial Assault
NAME : Blinding Assault ⇒ Aerial Assault
DAMAGE : 70/110/150/190/230 (+0.65 bonus attack damage) (+0.5 ability power) ⇒ 20/45/70/95/120 (+0.7/0.75/0.8/0.85/0.9 total attack damage) (+0.35 ability power), increasing by up to 100% based on the target's missing health
COST : 50/55/60/65/70 mana ⇒ 50 mana at all ranks
CAST TIME : 0.31 seconds ⇒ 0.25 seconds
MISSILE WIDTH : 80 ⇒ 60
REMOVED I SEE : No longer blinds targets hit
NEW SHE'S STILL THROWING A BIRD AT YOU : Now marks the first target hit as Vulnerable
NEW BRING BACK SCRAPS : If Aerial Assault kills a target, half the cooldown is refunded
W - Heightened Senses
MOVEMENT SPEED FROM HARRIER : 20/30/40/50/60 flat movement speed ⇒ 20/25/30/35/40 percent movement speed
DURATION : 3 seconds ⇒ 2 seconds
R - Tag Team
After channeling for 2 seconds, Quinn calls upon Valor to assist her. While together, the two have massively increased movement speed from all sources and can cast Skystrike by taking an offensive action or reactivating Tag Team.
COST : 100 mana ⇒ 100/50/0 mana
COOLDOWN : 140/110/80 seconds ⇒ No cooldown
DURATION : 20 seconds ⇒ Indefinite
I NEED SILENCE : If Quinn takes damage while channeling, Tag Team's cooldown is set to 3 seconds
TAG TEAM MOVEMENT BONUS : 70/100/130% total movement speed
SKYSTRIKE DAMAGE : 100/150/200 (+ 0.5 bonus attack damage) ⇒ 1.0 total attack damage
REMOVED SNACKS : No longer deals increased damage based on enemy missing health
TAKE US DOWN, VAL : Basic attacking or dealing direct damage causes Quinn to swap in
DIRECT HIT : Taking champion or turret damage causes Quinn to swap in
BRUSH IT OFF : All other sources of damage disable Tag Team's speed bonuses and slows Quinn and Valor temporarily
Blinds work intuitively.
- "Previously, Blinds would check your status when you began your attack. This meant that sometimes attacks that looked like they should have missed would land right on target. With this fix, you should feel a lot better about your tossing a bird into the eyes of enemy marksmen. "
- Q - Blinding Assault
- [NEW] GOUGE 'EM VALOR : Blind 'miss' window changed from on-attack declaration to on-attack launch (For reference, 'attack launch' is when the missile is created for ranged champions, and the moment before an attack hits for melee champions)
Bugfixes and general improvements to E.
- "Quinn's problems don't begin and end with Vault, but as one of the most flexible tools in her arsenal she'll often live or die by it. Smoothing out some interactions and fixing some bugs should see her and Valor's synergy in top form for the fighting, and now even resets her basic attack for some high-level Harrier optimization. Look Val, buffs! "
- E - Vault
- [NEW] GOT THE RESET : Now resets Quinn's basic attack timer upon landing
- VALOR, TO ME! : Fixed a bug where Harrier was occasionally not applied by Vault
- TOO FAR : Fixed an issue where Vault could sometimes move Quinn out of her basic attack range when casted on close-range targets
- EVASIVE MANUEVERS : Vaulting off of an enemy to pass through terrain is now easier
"Some bugfixes for Quinn to give her a little more consistency in play."
- E - Vault
- LOOK VAL, SNACKS: Now always causes Valor to immediately mark the target, even if Valor is in the process of marking another nearby enemy
- PROPER FORM: Fixed a bug where Quinn would sometimes propel herself in the wrong direction
With this change you'll still have to figure out what Valor likes to do, but at least you'll know when he's taking a break and won't help you out on his own.
- Passive - Harrier
- UTILITY: Now displays as 'on cooldown' when Valor is unable to mark a target on his own due to recently marking a target
- Fixed a bug where Vault failed to interrupt targets that were immune to slows
We wanted to highlight Quinn's great strengths as an unconventional AD carry with high cross-map mobility. As such, Quinn can now use Tag Team more reliably in and out of fights, and the additional movement speed on Heightened Senses should allow her to remain more elusive in skirmishes.
For the other two changes, we gave Blinding Assault an ability power ratio so that players can gain some additional power when building items like Trinity Force or when receiving the Baron Nashor buff. For Vault, we added a mini stun on Quinn's target as she dashes toward them, making it more reliable as an escape.
- Blinding Assault
- Now has a 0.5 ability power ratio
- Heightened Senses
- Passive as Quinn now grants 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 movement speed in addition to the attack speed bonus
- Now briefly interrupts the target
- Tag Team
- Maximum movement speed bonus increased to 80 / 90 / 100% from 80% at all ranks
- Base movement speed bonus increased to 20 / 30 / 40% from 20% at all ranks
- Cooldown reduced to 140 / 110 / 80 seconds from 140 / 120 / 100
- Skystrike can now be cast 1 second after activating Tag Team, down from 2.5
v3.05 Balance Update
- Valor now marks targets slightly more frequently
- Targets are now marked more immediately when Valor lands on the target
- Quinn now lands closer to her target when using Vault from far away