|The Exemplar of Demacia|
|Release Date:||March 1st, 2011|
|Real Name:||Jarvan Lightshield IV|
|Health:||571.2 (+ 90)|
|Health Regen:||8.175 (+ 0.7)|
|Mana:||302.2 (+ 40)|
|Mana Regen:||6.755 (+ 0.45)|
|Attack Damage:||55.712 (+ 3.4)|
|Attack Speed:||0.658 (+ 2.5%)|
|Armor:||29 (+ 3.6)|
|Magic Resist:||32.1 (+ 1.25)|
- League Judgement
|"There is only one truth, and you will find it at the point of my lance."
As the royal family of Demacia for centuries, members of the Lightshield line have spent their lives waging war against any who opposed Demacian ethics. It is said that every Lightshield is born with anti-Noxian sentiment in his blood, and Jarvan IV is no exception.
As his forefathers had before him, he led Demacian troops into bloody engagements with Noxian forces, and on many occasions he has bled alongside wounded allies and fallen comrades. His most crushing defeat came at the hands of Jericho Swain, where he was outmaneuvered and captured by a Noxian battalion. This mistake nearly cost him his life at the hands of Urgot, but he was rescued by the Dauntless Vanguard, an elite Demacian strike force led by Jarvan's childhood companion, Garen.
Those close to him believed that his capture changed him. Xin Zhao was quoted as saying: "His eyes never seemed to look at you, only through you to something he could not look away from."
One day, without warning, Jarvan IV hand-picked a squad of Demacian soldiers and left Demacia, vowing to find "atonement". He began by tracking and hunting the most dangerous beasts and bandits he could find in northern Valoran, but he soon tired of such prey. Seeking something that only he understood, he ventured south of the Great Barrier. He wasn't heard from again for nearly two years.
After many had assumed the worst, he returned to glorious fanfare on the streets of Demacia. His Demacian plates were adorned with the bones and scales of creatures unknown. His eyes bore the wisdom of someone twice his age. Of the twelve soldiers who had departed with him, only two returned. In a tone as cold and steady as steel, he swore to bring the enemies of Demacia to their knees.
|As the royal family of Demacia for centuries, members of the Lightshield line have spent their lives waging war against any who opposed Demacian ethics. It is said that every Lightshield is born with anti-Noxian sentiment in his blood. Jarvan IV is no exception, even though he is the first Lightshield born to the age of the League of Legends. As his forefathers had before him, he led Demacian troops into bloody engagements with Noxian forces, and on many occasions he has bled alongside wounded allies and fallen comrades. In his most crushing defeat, he was outmaneuvered and captured by a Noxian battalion under the command of Jericho Swain. This mistake nearly cost him his life at the hands of Urgot, but he was rescued by the Dauntless Vanguard, an elite Demacian strike force led by Jarvan's childhood companion, Garen.
Those close to him believed that his capture changed him. Xin Zhao was quoted as saying: "His eyes never seemed to look at you, only through you to something he could not look away from." One day, without warning, Jarvan IV handpicked a squad of Demacian soldiers and left Demacia, vowing to find "atonement". He began by tracking and hunting the most dangerous beasts and bandits he could find in northern Valoran, but he soon tired of such prey. Seeking something that only he understood, he ventured south of the Great Barrier. He wasn't heard from again for nearly two years. After many had assumed the worst, he returned to glorious fanfare on the streets of Demacia. His Demacian plates were adorned with the bones and scales of creatures unknown. His eyes bore the wisdom of someone twice his age. Of the twelve soldiers who had departed with him, only two returned. In a tone as cold and steady as steel, he swore to bring the enemies of Demacia to their knees.
|"There is only one truth, and you will find it at the point of my lance."|
|Candidate: Jarvan IV
Date: 2 March, 21 CLE
The Demacian junior summoner who was initially appointed to greet Jarvan, alas, experienced an unfortunate accident. He needed to be replaced at the last minute by a young summoner from Bilgewater with an eye for both coin and advancement. It seems the new boy penciled Jarvan in for an early Judgment, and judged he will be, though not by the League.
He approaches the Great Hall reeking of arrogance. He, like his father, struts as though others should feel privileged to behold him. His armor is flashy and impractical, adorned with bits of slain beasts, a braggart without uttering a word. He has the jutting countenance of all the Lightshield dogs, men better built to wield clubs than authority. He is spoiled, haughty, and altogether undeserving of the respect laid at his feet.
He marches to the chamber doors, a proud, strong beast in need of domestication. He steps through the portal, out of the light…and into the palm of my hand.
Welcome Jarvan, I've waited a long time for this.
Royalty has its perks. The measured tones of his father, King Jarvan Lightshield the Third, interrupted Prince Jarvan's thoughts. Despite his protests, the King had insisted that Xin Zhao recount his League Judgment in detail so Jarvan would know what to expect. This was against the mandates of the League, but, as his father put it, "a necessary infraction". The test seemed hardly worthy once one knew the gimmick. Enter the room, be confronted by a disturbing vision of the past, and answer a couple questions. Jarvan was bitter about having his opportunity to fairly overcome the trial stolen. What worth is a Prince who cheats to best an obstacle surmounted by his subordinates?He frowned; it was an expression often denied to a leader of the public, but one befitting the dark, silent surroundings.
Xin had described the Reflection Chamber as "thick with abyssal murkiness," a depiction which had proven itself overdramatized. It was dark, yes, but altogether ordinary. The absence of light even failed to obfuscate some other person or entity present in the room. Jarvan was content to stand idle, letting him, her, or it carry on with the silly masquerade.
On the opposite side of the cramped antechamber, the figure stood in the shadows. It couldn't have been more than ten feet away from Jarvan. He paid it little attention, waiting for his vision to commence. However, instead of being swept into a fantastic mirage as he'd expected, Jarvan was left in the unremarkable blackness when the being attacked.
Jarvan was unprepared. The form in front of him spread broad, onyx wings and lurched forward. Jarvan attempted to back into a defensive stance, but piercing talons dug up from the ground beneath him, stabbing into his legs and locking them in place. Black creatures swarmed through the air around him, pecking at his exposed flesh. Pain jolted his senses. The shade was upon him now, bearing down with unmistakable purpose. Six eyes burned redder than blood and hotter than embers above him, hatred sizzling the air around them.
Jarvan ripped his legs free of the talons, heedless of the pain as they cut through his skin. His lance plunged forward, thirsty for the heart of its target. It met the winged figure's chest, driving deeper and deeper. With a bloodcurdling cry, Jarvan lifted Swain into the air over his head and hurled him backward into the wall. The looming silhouette crashed against the cool stone surface and slid to the ground in a heap.
Jarvan turned, venom welling in his eyes. "If you wanted a demonstration, you picked the perfect opponent!" He charged, intent on removing Swain's head, illusion or not. He only managed to take one step before energy arced through the air, burning him through his armor. A charred smell filled the room as the beam rushed through him. He was enveloped in anguish, and he could not hear himself screaming.
Torches lit around the room, and Swain, now human, stood where he had been thrown. His raven hovered in the air next to him, the bolt of energy surging from its mouth. A deep crimson stain was spreading across Swain's chest.
"I need no demonstration, Prince." Swain spat the title as though it were a maggot in a bite of steak. "Your 'unfortunate' demise due to an oversight of the League will be quite satisfactory, and I have no doubt you'll provide that. I wonder what your father will think of his treaty then..." He clenched his hands into fists and bright currents of magic appeared, flowing into them. He opened them and the magic burst forth, amplifying the raven's power. Jarvan's eyes went wide as the agony intensified. He fell to his knees.
"You are so painfully foolish, Demacian. No tact, no finesse. It sickens me to call you my rival. I can't wait to be rid of you, in hopes that a fitting opponent will rise to take your place.” As he spoke, Swain's form began to shift. He was swelling, stretching, transforming hideously before Jarvan's eyes. Ravens spawned from his body, descending on Jarvan and tearing him apart. As the birds swarmed, the torches in the room flickered, blinking out one by one. When the last torch was extinguished, all Jarvan could see were six bright, bloodthirsty dots on Swain's disfigured head. The dots blurred together as his vision failed him, and eventually there was nothing left but blackness.
Jarvan was in a place he'd been before, far from the Institute, at the lonely crossroads of life and death. He stood at the precipice of eternal peace, the gateway of slumber. He reached out, as he had many times before, to feel its warmth on his skin. Someday... not yet.
Eyes shut, a sound grew from inside him, somewhere deeper than the body, deeper than the soul. It rippled outward, unfolding and cresting. It burst from his heart, burned through his veins, ignited his muscles. When it escaped his lips, it was a living thing, as formidable and furious as the ravens snipping at his flesh. The sound was filled with the voices of his ancestors. It was the battle cry of a Demacian warrior, the roar of a Prince. When the sound reached his ears, Jarvan's eyes snapped open. They were no longer the eyes of a man. They heralded with fire the arrival of a beast, the awakening of a King. They came to focus on Swain.
Jarvan leapt to his feet, snapping the grips of talons, shattering the clamps of beaks. He dove forward, abandoning his lance. Swain's eyes betrayed surprise as Jarvan gripped his neck with one hand and lifted him from his feet. Jarvan kept moving, slamming Swain bodily into the wall behind him. He tightened his grip against the soft sensation of air struggling for passage beneath his fingers. He grinned wickedly at every choked gasp.
"Tact? Finesse? In war there is only the victor and the dead, Noxian!" Jarvan was loosely aware of ravens ripping chunks from his body, carrying his life-force to Swain. He felt death creeping at the edge of his vision. He poured all his remaining energy into the vise grip, determined to not to die until he watched the life flee from Swain's bulging eyes. The two were locked together, blood pooling on the floor, both unwilling to die before the other.
"ENOUGH!!!" A voice rang out, echoing down the stone corridors of the Institute. Jarvan suddenly rocketed away from Swain, propelled through the air by an unknown force. He stopped just before he would slam the opposite wall, suspended four feet above the ground. Swain dangled at the same height on the other side of the room, now human. Save for his favorite pet, the ravens were all gone.
High Councilor Vessaria Kolminye removed her hood and glared, first at Jarvan, and then at Swain. "What do you think you're doing, Swain? This is a hallowed place. Your treacherous games will not be tolerated here." She turned to Jarvan. "You will be accepted into the League for obvious reasons, but do not think your political ties will protect you against the League should you seek retaliation." She gritted her teeth. "Pray I do not discover you again in the midst of such disrespect or you will yearn for the fates you plotted against each other this day."
Vessaria flicked her wrist and Swain tore through the air, swept from the room as casually as a hurled doll. Vessaria stormed out after him, shaking her head with disgust. Jarvan clattered gracelessly to the floor, grunting as his wounds cried for attention. He leaned on his lance, struggling to his feet. The doors to the League seemed miles away. He contemplated dying. While he gathered the will to limp onward, his father's words echoed in his head. A weak smile played across his lips.
Royalty has its perks…
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2014 NA LCS Spring Round Robin||0||1||0||1||0||0.9|
|2014 EU Challenger Series Spring Playoffs||0||1||0||1||0||5.9|
|2014 GPL Spring||0||6||3||3||50||6.7|
|2014 NA Challenger Series #2||0||2||1||1||50||13.3|
|2014 LNL Spring||0||3||1||2||33.3||5.4|
E's cooldown lowered.
- "Though still fresh in the minds of players as a dominant pick in professional play, Jarmander's been in a bit of a slump. While not in the worst shape, the last changes we made to him took him from being an ‘all-around good pick', providing tons of agnostic utility to any team composition, to being focused into more of a diver - one that's at home flagging-and-dragging his way into the backline and dunking on priority targets. While an even lower cooldown may have let him dive even better by have two flags up at once, giving him enough power to be another generalist pick would've been a Double Standard."
- E - Demacian Standard
- COOLDOWN :
13 seconds at all ranks⇒ 13/12.5/12/11.5/11 seconds
- STANDARD DEVIATION : Demacian Standard no longer confuses the pathing of jungle monsters
- COOLDOWN :
Jarvan's flag no longer gives him passive armor. His base armor has been slightly increased to compensate, but this is definitely a nerf to Jarvan's mid-late game survivability.
- With the dust settled around the preseason changes, Jarvan's proven himself to be true royalty, standing head and shoulders above the competition on his jungle throne (to be fair, Fiddlesticks doesn't like to sit down owing to bad knees). Unlike his other Warrior-enchant-toting brethren, J4's incredible gank pressure, clear speed and safety make him a threat throughout the game with no real weaknesses for opponents to exploit. Instead of hitting J4's damage, chipping away at his resiliency should punish him for failed ganks without taking too much dunk out of his princely ways.
- BASE ARMOR :
- BASE ARMOR :
- Q - Dragon Strike
- ALL IN THE WRIST : Fixed a bug where enemies would occasionally get knocked up when they walked into Jarvan IV after his dash completed
- E - Demacian Standard
- [REMOVED] WHY WOULD A FLAG GIVE ARMOR : Demacian Standard no longer grants passive armor to Jarvan IV
v5.2 Mass Texture Rebalance (Part 6)
- "We're continuing our comprehensive pass at the game's older character textures. As with previous installments, our goal is to improve parity with newer releases and make sure everybody looks at home on the newly-updated Rift."
- TEXTURES : The following textures have been updated:
- Base, Commando, Darkforge, Dragonslayer
- "We're making readability improvements to a bunch of the champion portrait icons which were added or updated over the past few months."
- PORTRAITS : The following champion portrait icons have been updated:
- Azir, Cho'Gath, Ezreal, Gragas, Graves, Janna, Jarvan IV, Kayle, Kog'Maw, Lee Sin, Malphite, Maokai, Orianna, Renekton, Rengar, Rumble, Shyvana, Sion, Talon, Tristana, Udyr, Vayne, Veigar, Viktor, Zilean
IF HE'S MAKING A CRATER SOMEONE'S GONNA GET HURT.
- R - Cataclysm
- [NEW] ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT : Fixed a bug where Jarvan would sometimes fail to do damage if he was killed quickly after landing from Cataclysm. Note: Jarvan still won't deal damage if he's killed mid-air, but if he's able to land and create the wall, he should always deal damage.
- "As we've mentioned previously, the splash art team is engaged in a long-term effort to update our oldest base splashes. A few more are ready to go this patch!"
- SPLASH : The following champions have received updated base splashes (click the portraits for the full image!)
v4.15 (Twisted Treeline & Domintion)
- "Jarvan has great base stats and gets to build a ton of damage items while still remaining fairly tanky. We don't want to take away his utility, so we're focusing on his damage potential instead."
Martial Cadence now deals more damage, but the cooldown starts out higher and scales down over time. Golden Aegis costs less mana and is a flat cost across all ranks.
"In the foreword of patch v4.6 we spoke about the challenges of creating a healthy top lane, and one option we're pursuing is to make teamplay-oriented champions more competitive in the current landscape. Specifically for Jarvan IV: even if he's behind he can still provide a lot of value via Cataclysm, and this gives him more incentive to help out in fights rather than farming minions in isolation. These changes are to give him that extra bump he needs in the early game to keep up."
- Passive - Martial Cadence
6/8/10% (at levels 1/7/13)⇒ 10% at all levels
- SAME-TARGET COOLDOWN:
6 seconds at all levels⇒ 10/8/6 seconds (at levels 1/7/13)
- W - Golden Aegis
45/50/55/60/65 mana⇒ 30 mana at all ranks
"Cataclysm should now be more reliable for Jarvan IV to land."
Context: This change forces Jarvan to be more accurate with his Demacian Standard / Dragon Strike combo while giving opponents some breathing room when trying to dodge it.
- Dragon Strike / Demacian Standard
- Jarvan's knockup collision radius reduced to 180 from 260
- Demacian Standard
- Vision radius of the Standard reduced to 700 from 850
Jarvan has been bringing too much utility to his team, so we've removed the armor component of Demacian Standard's aura.
- Golden Aegis
- Shield amount per nearby enemy champion increased to 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 from 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40
- Mana cost reduced to 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 from 65
- Demacian Standard
- Active no longer grants bonus Armor
- Martial Cadence
- Fixed a bug where Martial Cadence was dealing more damage than intended to minions and monsters
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Demacian Standard
- When targeting a location outside of Demacian Standard's range, Demacian Standard will now be cast at its maximum range in the direction of the targeted location
- Updated tooltips
- Fixed a bug with Commando and Dragon Slayer skins that caused the game to hitch when first using Demacian Standard
- Fixed a bug where Cataclysm immediately crumbled when Jarvan IV died
- Mana per level increased to 40 from 30
- Golden Aegis mana cost reduced to 65 from 75
- Demacian Standard mana cost reduced to 55 from 60
- Martial Cadence (Passive)
- Damage changed to physical from magic
- Damage changed to 6 / 8 / 10% (at levels 1 / 7 / 13) of the target's current health from 8%
- No longer procs spell effects such as Rylai's or Spell Vamp
- Increased the hitbox size of Demacian Standard when targeted by Dragon Strike
- Added a targeting ring to Cataclysm
- Fixed a bug where Cataclysm was dealing less damage than intended at rank 2 and 3
- Fixed an issue where certain skins had inconsistent model sizes
- Jarvan will no longer follow the target while he is in the air during Cataclysm
- Will now create the ring of terrain regardless of whether the enemy can be targeted or not
- Will now be slightly more likely to push turrets that the ring lands on into the center rather than out
- Fixed a bug where it could be interrupted by movement displacing abilities such as Crystallize or Pillar of Filth
- Fixed a bug where Dragon Strike reduced the target's base armor rather than total armor
- Demacian Standard
- Cooldown reduced to 13 seconds from 12
- Damage reduced to 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 from 60 / 110 / 160 / 210 / 260
- Dragon Strike damage reduced to 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 from 70 / 120 / 170 / 220 / 270
- Demacian Standard
- Armor reduced to 10 / 13 / 16 / 19 / 22 from 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26
- Attack speed reduced to 10 / 13 / 16 / 19 / 22% form 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26%
- Martial Cadence damage reduced to 8% from 10%
- Dragon Strike
- Cooldown increased to 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 seconds from 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5
- Mana cost increased to 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 from 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60
- Golden Aegis shield strength reduced to 50 / 90 / 130 / 170 / 210 from 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250
- Cataclysm damage reduced to 200 / 325 / 450 from 200 / 350 / 500
- Fixed a bug where Jarvan IV's banner caused a hitch the first time it was cast
- Golden Aegis' PVP.net description no longer states it triggers automatically
Jarvan IV released
Journal of Justice
- Ionia Demands a Rematch with Noxus
- Kalamanda in Chaos
- The Mailbag of Justice (1)
- Reinforcements Arrive in Kalamanda
- The Mailbag of Justice (2)
- War in Kalamanda
- Our Forward March
- Intruder Discovered in Kalamanda's Prison
- Jarvan IV Returns to Demacia
- Institute of War Accused of Conspiracy & The Path We’ve Tread
- Heywan Relivash and Ralston Farnsley Arrested
Chinese Login Screen