Intel Extreme Masters Season 11
The Intel Extreme Masters is ESL's flagship competition sponsored by Intel. IEM is a huge tournament spanning many months and individual competitions culminating in the Global Championships. While each year the games played changes, for Season 11, League of Legends will be played alongside Starcraft 2, Hearthstone and Counter Strike Global Offensive. Tournaments involved in the IEM range from small online qualifiers with $100 prizes to huge live events giving away upwards of 5 figure cash prizes to the winners of major events.
Season 11 features four Global Challenges and a World Championship.
- IEM Season 11 - Oakland (2016-11-19 – 2016-11-20)
- IEM Season 11 - Gyeonggi (2016-12-16 – 2016-12-18)
Finals / World Championship:
- IEM Season 11 - World Championship (2017-03-?? – 2017-03-??)
Prize Pool - Winner
The total prize pool for Season 11 is TBA USD spread between various events as follows:
|Global Challenge Oakland||TBA|
|Global Challenge Gyeonggi||TBA|
- One highest ranked team or player from each of the three Intel Extreme Masters regions (the Americas, Europe and Africa, Asia and Oceania) will be invited to the World Championship.
- The top team or players from every Intel Extreme Masters Global Challenge will be invited to the World Championship.
- Global Challenges
- The League of Legends tournament in every Global Challenge featured 6 teams, while every StarCraft II Global Challenge had 16 participants.
- World Championship
- The Intel Extreme Masters World Championship will feature 8 League of Legends teams and 20 StarCraft II players.