|"When the sun is at its peak, the pool blends in with the shimmering heat, looking as if its waters run off into infinity."|
|Effects:||+65 Attack damage |
+20% Critical Strike Chance
|Passive:||Unique: Critical Strikes deal 250% damage instead of 200%.|
Infinity Edge is an advanced item available in League of Legends.
- Bread and butter end game AD carry item. Most AD carries try to get this item sometime in their build and a lot of them rush it as their first big purchase.
- Attack > Critical Strike
- Attack > Damage
- Infinity Edge has the highest base attack damage in League of Legends. Sword of the Occult and The Bloodthirster surpass it at 15 and 21 stacks respectively.
- This item was likely inspired by the game Lineage II, in which the Infinity Weapons are the strongest weapons one cat get. The Infinity Edge shares the same name, and looks almost exactly like an Infinity Weapon
- It is one of the most cost-efficient items; for just 375 gold you get 10 AD (based on the Long Sword price that would be worth about 280 gold), 7% critical chance (around 300 gold, based on different items) and the 50% critical strike damage passive.
- It is possible to obtain 300+% critical damage with Infinity Edge, Runes and Masteries.
TOTAL Cost : 3800 gold ⇒ 3600 gold
BUILD Path : B. F. Sword + Pickaxe + Cloak of Agility + 625 gold
ATTACK Damage : 80 ⇒ 65
- "We've been keeping an eye on marksmen power for some time and specifically wanted to tackle Infinity Edge, the new ubiquitous AD item that's replaced Bloodthirster since patch 4.10 (wow has it really been that long?). Rather than straight chopping away damage, however, reducing IE's crit chance means we can accentuate its reliance on other crit multiplier items in order to scale well into the mid-late game."
- CRITICAL STRIKE CHANCE :
25% ⇒ 20%
These changes are for Crystal Scar and Twisted Treeline only
- Attack damage reduced from 80 to 70
- Cost changed from 3,830 (375) to 3,800 (645)
- Attack damage increased to 80 from 75
- Critical strike increased to 25% from 20%
- Attack damage reduced to 75 from 80
- Fixed an issue with scaling with crit runes and talents
May 15, 2009 Patch
- Fixed a bug where the passive effect would persist past selling the item
April 18, 2009 Patch
- Made passive effect unique
April 11, 2009 Patch
- Cost increased from 350 to 375