|Effects:||+20 Attack Damage|
+35 Magic Resist
|Passive:||Lifeline: Upon taking magic damage that would reduce Health below 30%, grants a shield that absorbs 110-280 (based on level) magic damage for 5 seconds (90 second cooldown).|
Hexdrinker is an advanced item available in Classic and Dominion mode.
Useful in the aspect there the anti magic shield can help the blade's owner to fight through otherwise lethal AP damage.
- Attack > Damage
- Defense > Magic Resist
- While the damage value blocked by the shield will never increase , the shield's damage taken is lowered by the owner's magic resistance.
Sterak’s Gage and Maw of Malmortius shields no longer stack. Sterak’s Fury and Lifegrip now both proc when Lifeline is triggered.
Maw and Sterak’s have complementary defensive triggers: Maw cares about how low you are while Sterak’s cares about how fast you’re dropping. This presents an interesting choice in lane: which item is best for the situation you’re in? Unfortunately, that choice becomes meaningless as the game progresses and beefy champs stack both items to cover all their bases. We’re tying the shields of Maw and Sterak’s together to ensure that picking one is a choice, not just the earlier of two purchases.
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY : Sterak’s Gage’s shield is now classified as a Lifeline effect along with the shields from Hexdrinker and Maw of Malmortius
ONE LIFE ONE LINE : When a Lifeline effect triggers, all Lifeline items are put on the cooldown of the triggered item. Only the triggered effect’s shield is granted.
DOUBLE DUTY : Sterak’s Fury and Maw’s Lifegrip are now both granted on either Lifeline trigger
TOTAL cost : 1450 gold ⇒ 1300 gold
BUILD path : Long Sword + Null-Magic Mantle + 500 gold
ATTACK damage : 25 ⇒ 20
MAGIC resist : 30 ⇒ 35
MAGIC damage SHIELD : 250 ⇒ 110-280 (at levels 1-18)
- Magic Resist reduced from 30 to 25
- Unique Passive changed to "Lifeline: If you would take magic damage that would leave you at less than 30% Helath, you first gain a shield that absorbs 250 magic damage for 5 seconds (90 second cooldown)."
- Cost reduced from 1,400 (585) to 1,350 (550)
- The following items will now display their cooldown on the item itself, rather than with a buff: Maw of Malmortius, Hexdrinker, Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel, Sheen, Lich Bane, Trinity Force, Tear of the Goddess, Archangel's Staff, and Manamune.
- Passive shield duration increased to 5 from 3
- Recipe changed to Long Sword + Null-Magic Mantle from 2 Long Swords + Null-Magic Mantle
- Total gold cost reduced to 1,400 from 1,800
- Attack damage reduced to 25 from 35
- Shield strength reduced to 250 from 300
- Shield duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4