|Country of Birth:||Czech Republic|
|Birthday:||June 6, 1994|
|Alternate IDs:||NiP JustFreezeMe, NiP Freeze, HC Freeze, eXtatus Freeze|
|Peak League:||Challenger I (EU) 1337 LP|
|Social Media and Links|
| Team History|
|Share this Page|
Aleš "Freeze" Kněžínek is the AD carry for Tempo Storm.
Aleš "Freeze" Kněžínek is from Brno, Czech Republic. His first contact with gaming was at the age of 5 as he played Diablo. He would play Defense of the Ancients (DotA) and World of Warcraft. The lack of an eSports scene in Czech Republic back then led him to believe that gaming was not an economically sound career choice.
In 2012, he moved on to League of Legends. He initially did not enjoy the game (the cartoon-like graphics and the lack of a Deny mechanic were to be faulted), but that changed as he reached level 4. He started playing in the North American servers, then changed servers due to lag issues (to EU Nordic and East). Maining top at the time, he played a lot of Normal games before going into Ranked Solo-queue. He would transfer to EU West shortly after.
Towards the end of the season, Freeze was recruited by Czech team eXtatus, who needed an AD Carry (back then his secondary role). Here he would play alongside Kazmitch and Mozilla. They would go on to compete in national LAN tournaments, along with the SCAN Invitational, where the team made it to the semifinals.
After leaving the Czech team at the start of the season, Freeze joined Esport4Life. Also on the team at this time were YoungBuck and Unlimited. The team changed name to Samurai in Jeans and enjoyed success in multiple Go4LoLs before finishing 2nd in the SoloMid EU Invitational 3, losing to MeetYourMakers in the final of the tournament. This was followed by a 3rd place finish at the LCS Season 3 Go4LoL Summer Promotion Qualifier, meaning they would have a chance to qualify for the LCS later on in the season.
A 1st place finish at the SoloMid EU Invitational 4 led the team into the LCS Europe Season 3 Summer Promotion in good form. Despite this, after beating Anexis eSports in the challenger round, Samurai in Jeans were unable to beat Copenhagen Wolves in their promotion matchup. Freeze left the team soon after.
He then went on to join Heimerdinger's Colossi. The team enjoyed success in multiple EUW Challenger Series, before going on to win the SCAN & NVIDIA EUW Invitational, beating Eternity Gaming in the final of the tournament. Freeze then went on to leave the team to join Ninjas in Pyjamas.
With Ninjas in Pyjamas, Freeze competed in the LCS Summer Split. Impressive performances on Caitlyn and Draven resulted in the team finishing in 5th place overall. Due to this, the team had a spot in the Summer Playoffs. However, the playoffs were not a success for the team, finishing 6th after losing the 5th place match to Team ALTERNATE. Freeze and the team finished the season with an appearance at IEM Season VIII - Cologne, where they came 2nd in the amateur tournament, losing to Copenhagen Wolves in the final.
Due to Freeze and Ninjas in Pyjamas' performance in playoffs, they would have to fight for their LCS status in the Spring Promotion. Unfortunately for Freeze and the team, they lost their promotion match to Kiedys Mialem Team.
Freeze and the team then competed in the Challenger Series, finishing 2nd in EU Challenger Spring #1. The team followed this up with 1st place finish in EU Challenger Spring #2. They then went on to come 2nd at the Challenger Spring Playoffs, losing to Cloud9 Eclipse in the final.
A 1st place finish at the Copenhagen Games 2014 led the team into the LCS Summer Promotion. However, Ninjas in Pyjamas lost their promotion matchup to Millenium. After disbanding and reforming, the organization kept hold of Freeze. They followed this with a win at DreamHack Summer 2014 and a 2nd place finish at both EU Challenger Summer #1 and EU Challenger Summer #2.
Freeze ended his time with Ninjas in Pyjamas with a 4th place finish in the Challenger Summer Playoffs, along with a 2nd place finish at the FACEIT Gamescom Challenge and 3rd in the 2014 Black Monster Cup Europe Fall.
After leaving Ninjas in Pyjamas when the roster disbanded in September 2014, Freeze joined the ranked 5's ladder team Unlucky Rejects, composed of the former Copenhagen Wolves roster with Freeze in place of Woolite. The team qualified for the Expansion Tournament, but on November 18th, Copenhagen Wolves announced that they were re-signing the Unlucky Rejects roster, including Freeze.
Freeze participated in the Spring Split with the Copenhagen Wolves, and his impressive individual performances on Draven and Kalista in particular helped the team to a 6th place finish in the regular season, securing them a place in the Spring Playoffs. Freeze and the team lost to H2k-Gaming in the playoff quarterfinals, meaning they would collect 10 Championship Points for the split.
The Summer Split was far from successful for Freeze and the Copenhagen Wolves. After CW was forced to make roster changes during the split because of internal difficulties, the team finished in 10th place, resulting in autorelegation.
On November 1st, Freeze announced his free agency after his contract expired.
- The name Freeze originated from his early DotA days.
- Is the first Czech player to play in the LCS.
- Gangplank was the first champ he played.
- Went from Unranked to 2.2k Elo in only one week of Ranked solo-queue play thanks to Ezreal and Corki.
- His motto is "If you gonna be the best, you have to take out the best." from the movie 'Never Back Down'.
- Played football for six years and handball for five.
- Likes to drink Coca Cola.
- Likes the Sci-Fi genre in movies as long as it deals with aliens or mysterious powers, such as Chronicle. Watches the Naruto anime as well.
- Has the utmost respect for Doublelift; used to look up to him, but sees him as a competitor now.
|2014-08-07||2014 EU Challenger Summer Series Playoffs||Ninjas in Pyjamas 0 : 3 Unicorns Of Love|
|2014-07-30||2014 EU Challenger Summer Series #2||Ninjas in Pyjamas 1 : 2 SK Gaming Prime|
|2014-06-16||DreamHack Summer 2014||Ninjas in Pyjamas 2 : 0 Reason Gaming|
|2014-05-19||Solomid EU Tournament Circuit/Invitational 6||Ninjas in Pyjamas 3 : 0 Gamers2|
|2014-05-07||Solomid EU Tournament Circuit/Invitational 5||Rest In Pepperonis 3 : 1 Gamers2|
|2014-04-19||Copenhagen Games 2014||Ninjas in Pyjamas 2 : 0 Cloud9 Eclipse|
|2014-04-11||2014 EU Challenger Series Playoffs||Ninjas in Pyjamas 1 : 3 Cloud9 Eclipse|
|2014-03-20||2014 EU Challenger Series #2||Ninjas in Pyjamas 2 : 0 Denial eSports EU|
|2014-02-14||2014 EU Challenger Series #1||Ninjas in Pyjamas 0 : 2 Cloud9 Eclipse|
|2014-02-02||FACEIT Challenger Invitational||Ninjas in Pyjamas 2 : 0 SK Gaming Prime|
|2014-01-28||EUW Challenger Series #18||Ninjas in Pyjamas 3 : 0 The Fox Sound|
|2013-06-05||EUW Challenger Series #7||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 0 mousesports|
|2013-06-01||SCAN & NVIDIA EUW Invitational||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 0 Eternity Gaming|
|2013-05-30||EUW Challenger Series #6||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 0 Dongsquad|
|2013-05-23||EUW Challenger Series #5||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 0 peculiar gaming|
|2013-05-16||EUW Challenger Series #4||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 2 Absolute Legends|
|2013-04-25||SoloMid EU Invitational 4||Samurai in Jeans 2 : 0 AT Gaming|
|2013-04-09||SoloMid EU Invitational 3||Samurai in Jeans 1 : 2 MeetYourMakers|
- January 17th, Freeze on playing with Remi: 'We both have the potential to be the best bot lane in NA' with theScore
- February 8th, Interview with RNG Freeze: "I've never lost a trade as Draven versus Kalista" with Dignitas
- February 8th, Freeze: 'Doublelift picked Kalista against me, so I was like I have to show this kid how to play' with theScore
- February 21st, Freeze after scrappy Immortals match: 'They didn't underestimate us, that's why they played so well' with theScore
- February 29th, Freeze on REN's second win: 'It matters for our morale...what we did in practice paid off' with theScore
- March 5th, Freeze on Renegades: 'We usually get ahead and then do something stupid' with Yahoo
- March 14th, Freeze on playing with Ninja and Seraph: 'They are like [a] two-man team' with theScore
- March 21st, RNG Freeze: I wake up, eat breakfast, and scrim with Yahoo
- March 21st, Freeze on Seraph: '[He] brings the respect and a lot of hard work to the team' with theScore
- April 8th, Freeze on REN after TDK match, also says TSM can beat IMT on Sunday with Yahoo!
- May 31st, Freeze: “If people will compare me to FORG1VEN...I can show them I’m better than him” with theScore
- January 30th, Interview with Freeze: "I can compete with everyone in Europe" with Fragbite (Swedish)
- May 22nd, CW Freeze - AMA with Reddit
- September 17th, Freeze says he's gotten 'several' offers from LCS sides, considering NA with The DailyDot
- April 8th, [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py68kdEWiqc FACEIT Profiles: Aleš "NIP
- November 14th, Hi I'm Freeze, the Marksman of new NiP team. AMA! with Reddit
- December 14th, Freeze discusses NIP's chances of staying in the LCS (video) with onGamers
Articles & Videos
- February 22nd, Thorin's Thoughts - The Chilling Tale of the Freeze Curse (LoL) by Thorin on YouTube
- June 3rd, Freeze on summer split expectations: 'I'll learn a lot.' by Adel Chouadria on ESPN
- August 1st, The Fallen: Freeze's fight for survival by Michael "Veteran" Archer on theScore
- CW re-signs League of Legends team cphwolves.gg
- Freeze's tweet twitter.com
- Cold Wind Blows: Freeze youtube.com
- Renegades welcome Freeze renegades.gg