||There is a place between dimensions, between worlds. To some it is known as the Outside, to others it is the Unknown. To those that truly know, however, it is called the Void. Despite its name, the Void is not an empty place, but rather the home of unspeakable things - horrors not meant for minds of men. Cho'Gath is a creature born of the Void, a thing whose true nature is so awful most will not speak its name. Its fellows have been poking at the walls that divide dimensions for a crack, a way into Runeterra, where they can visit their own personal paradise of horror upon the world. They are called the Voidborn, creatures so ancient and terrible that they have been removed from history altogether. It is rumored that the Voidborn command vast armies of unspeakable creatures on other worlds, that they were once driven from Runeterra by powerful magic lost to antiquity.
If such tales are true, then the rumors that follow must be equally true - that one day, the Voidborn will return. Even now, something dark stirs in Icathia, perverting the summoning rituals of the League to allow the presence of Cho'Gath. It is an alien creature of malice and violence, a thing that causes all but the most stalwart to cringe in fear. Cho'Gath even appears to feed on its predations, growing and swelling as it gorges itself. Worse yet, the creature is intelligent, perhaps greatly so, making most wonder how such a monster could be contained. Fortunately, the power of the League's summoning has confined Cho'Gath's presence exclusively to the League of Legends. It is here that summoners use Cho'Gath's Voidborn abilities to help decide the fate of Runeterra. The Terror of the Void knows what fate it would choose for Runeterra, given half the chance.
|| Woe betide the day when Cho'Gath grows weary of the League.
|(Innate) Whenever Cho'Gath kills a unit, he recovers Health and Mana.
| Health: 17 (+3 per level)
| Mana: 3.25 (+0.25 per level)
|(Active) Cho'Gath stomps the ground, causing the target area to quake with the animation being visible to both teams. After 0.5 seconds, spikes emerge at the location. Enemy units in the area immediately take magic damage and are knocked up for 1 second, and when they land are slowed by 60% for another 3 seconds.
| Cost: 90 Mana
| Cooldown: 9 seconds
| Magic Damage: 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 305|
(+100% of Ability Power)
|(Active) Cho'Gath screams in a cone in front of him, dealing magic damage to all enemies in the cone, and silencing them for a few seconds.
| Cooldown: 13 seconds
| Cost: 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 Mana
| Magic Damage: 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275|
(+70% of Ability Power)
| Silence Duration: 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 seconds
|(Toggle) Whenever Cho'gath performs a basic attack, he will launch spikes which deal magic damage to all enemies in a line in front of him. As Cho'Gath grows with more Feast stacks, Vorpal Spikes will strike a wider area.
| No Cost
| Magic Damage: 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80|
(+30% of Ability Power)
|(Active) Ravenously feed on an enemy unit, dealing true damage to champions or 1,000 (+70% of Ability Power) true damage to minions and monsters. If Feast deals a killing blow, Cho'Gath gains a stack of Feast, which causes him to grow in size and gain bonus health. Killing a minion or monster while at max stacks will heal Cho'Gath (double for enemy champions)
Bonus from champions: gain an additional stack of Feast.
Bonus from minions and monsters: refund 50% of Feasts's cooldown and cost.
Cho'Gath cannot have more than 6 stacks of Feast at once and loses half of his stacks upon dying
| Cost: 100 Mana
| Cooldown: 80 seconds
| True Damage to Champions: 300 / 475 / 650|
(+70% of Ability Power)
| Health per Stack: 100 / 140 / 180 per stack
| Range per Stack: 3.8 / 6.2 / 8.3 per stack
| Heal: 90 / 120 / 150
R stacks provide more health.
Cho’Gath isn’t far below the bar, but life’s still hard for a void dinosaur-terror with lobster claws. Cho’Gath has the power to wreck an entire time given his powerful CC… or die horribly, beginning an almost never-ending game of catchup to restore the health stacks he so desperately relies on to function. We’re easing up on the build-up (especially late-game) for a voidbeast fallen on hard times.
R - Feast
BONUS HEALTH PER STACK : 90/120/150 ⇒ 100/140/180
Feast gains more stacks on champion kills and heals when he's full.
For dedicated Cho'Gath mains, Feast can be his highest high (nomming even the heartiest of meals) and his lowest low (endlessly playing catch-up on Feast stacks if he falls behind the curve). Adding extra bonuses to Feast's success case gives Cho bigger rewards for getting aggressive hungry, as well giving him the option to top off his already massive health pool once he's full.
R - Feast
FEAST STACKS ON CHAMPION KILL : 1 ⇒ 2
NEW LEFTOVERS : Killing a minion or monster at max stacks will now heal Cho'Gath for 90/120/150 (doubled for enemy champions)
- "We're continuing our comprehensive pass at the game's older character textures. As with previous installments, our goal is to improve parity with newer releases and make sure everybody looks at home on the newly-updated Rift. Reminder: texture rebalancing isn't meant to replace - and doesn't delay - larger-scale updates! "
- Base, Gentleman, Jurassic, Loch Ness, Nightmare
- Base, Frost Queen, Hextech, Tempest, Victorious
- Base, Armor of the Fifth Age, Bloodstone, Emerald
- Base, Big Bad, Feral, Firefang, Grey, Hyena, Tundra Hunter, Urf
- "We're making readability improvements to a bunch of the champion portrait icons which were added or updated over the past few months."
- PORTRAITS : The following champion portrait icons have been updated:
- Azir, Cho'Gath, Ezreal, Gragas, Graves, Janna, Jarvan IV, Kayle, Kog'Maw, Lee Sin, Malphite, Maokai, Orianna, Renekton, Rengar, Rumble, Shyvana, Sion, Talon, Tristana, Udyr, Vayne, Veigar, Viktor, Zilean
- "Life's hard for a Cho'gath. You want to eat your enemies, they don't want be eaten, and all it takes is one little death to set this poor little monster back. These changes should help Cho get back into the fight, but we also wanted to create bigger decisions between saving Feast for a kill or nommin' down on some creeps."
- R - Feast
- [NEW] HUNGRY HUNGRY CHO'GATH : Feast now has 50% of its cooldown and mana cost refunded if it kills a minion or monster.
- COOLDOWN :
60 seconds at all ranks ⇒ 80 seconds at all ranks
- "As we've mentioned previously, the splash art team is engaged in a long-term effort to update our oldest base splashes. A few more are ready to go this patch!"
- SPLASH The following champions have received updated base splashes (click the portraits for the full image!):
Cho can eat things a little faster and from a little further away.
"This is a change we've wanted to do for some time, given how sad Cho gets when his meals flash away. Basically this means Cho's Feast range will correctly match his attack range when he's at 6 Feast Stacks. Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom!"
- R - Feast
150 ⇒ 175
- CAST TIME:
0.5 seconds ⇒ 0.25 seconds
Q – Rupture
"Rupture's slow after the knockup has always been 1.5 seconds – the tooltip was just incorrect."
- Fixed a line within the tooltip to correctly reflect the duration of the slow (the actual value is 1.5 seconds, where the tooltip previously stated 3 seconds)
- Feral Scream
- Silence duration reduced to 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 seconds from 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3
- Feral Scream
- Targeting cone is now attached to Cho'Gath
- Carnivore health restore adjusted to 60 / 95 / 130 / 165 / 200 from 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Magic resist per level increased to 1.25
- Attack range normalized to 125 from 130
- Cast time reduced to 0.5 seconds from 0.672
- Delay normalized to 0.625 seconds from 0.5-0.75
- Feral Scream cast time reduced to 0.5 seconds from 0.6417
- Vorpal Spikes width now increases based on Cho'Gath's size
- Now grants Cho'Gath up to 50 additional attack range, based on Feast rank and amount of stacks
- Cast time normalized to 0.5 seconds from 0.43
- Range increased to 150 from 100
- Added red/green rings to indicate which targets will be affected
- Launch delay reduced to 0.65 seconds from 0.7 seconds
- Movement Speed increased to 320 from 315
- Fixed a bug where Feast would fail to kill shielded targets
- Adjusted the animation speed of his run while he has stacks of Feast
- Fixed a bug where Cho'Gath could gain a Feast stack when the target did not die
- Feast will now correctly show a particle on an enemy target when they can be killed by it
- Reduced the chance of Rupture failing to knock up the target
- Feral Scream damage reduced to 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275 from 80 / 130 / 180 / 240 / 300
- Vorpal Spikes
- Damage increased to 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 from 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60
- Ability power ratio increased to 0.3 from 0.2
- Damage reduced to 300 / 475 / 650 from 300 / 550 / 800
- Ability power ratio increased to 0.7 from 0.5
- Carnivore mana received on kill has been reduced by 50%
- Base health reduced to 520 from 550
- Base armor reduced to 19 from 21
- Feast now loses half stacks (rounded up) instead of 3 stacks on death
- Rupture delay reduced to 0.75 seconds from 0.8
- Health restored reduced to 34-68 from 40-82
- Mana restored reduced to 7-15.5 from 8-16.5
- Fixed a bug with Rupture that showed cooldown in the levelup tooltip even though the cooldown did not change
- Cooldown reduced to 9 seconds form 10
- Mana cost changed to 90 at all levels from 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120
- Vorpal Spikes is now classified as an area of effect spell for the sake of items like Rylai's Crystal Scepter or Hextech Revolver
- Fixed a display error with Vorpal Spikes and death recap
- Feral Scream
- Silence duration reduced to 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 seconds from 2 / 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4
- Cooldown reduced to 13 seconds from 16
- Vorpal Spikes
- Will no longer trigger cast effects like Lich Bane
- Will now fire even if the target is missed
- Feast is now easier to use on any unit, including Dragon, Lizard Elder, or other very large Cho'Gaths
- Vorpal Spikes can now be toggled off
- Cho'Gath will now be properly considered melee for the sake of items like Youmuu's Ghostblade
- Fixed a bug at rnak 3 where Cho'Gath had difficulty feasting when he has max Feast stacks
- Fixed a bug where the Feast buff tooltip was not updating the bonus health when Cho'Gath loses stacks
- Fixed a bug where Cho'Gath was not scaling properly when he loses stacks
- Rupture now deals damage on knocking the targets into the air, rather than when they fall to the ground
- Feast now loses up to 3 stacks on death instead of all of them
- Tweaked autoattack animation timing
- No longer appears to deal excessive damage in Death Recap
- Updated the tooltip to reflect the functionality that it damages the target and if it kills them, you gain health. (Reverted to the old functionality of Feast)
- Fixed a bug with Feast not being able to kill Poppy
- Fixed a bug where using Feast when the target had too much health caused too much damage
- Rupture Slow Duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4
- Vorpal Spikes ability power ratio reduced to 0.2 from 0.25
- Feral Scream ability power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 0.75
- Rupture cast range reduced to 950 from 1,000
- Feral Scream
- Cooldown reduced from 17 to 16
- Range increased from 615 to 650
- Range increased from 900 to 1,000
- Fixed an issue where Cho'Gath would not move close enough to the target to Feast at large sizes.
- Carnivore (Passive) now restores 8-16.5 mana when Cho'Gath kills a unit in addition to the normal health gain on kill
- Carnivore (Passive) health per kill increased from 30/72 to 40/82
- Vorpal Spikes
- Now hits your primary target
- Reduced ability power ratio from 0.33 to 0.25
- Reduced damage from 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 to 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60
- Reduced cooldown from 70 seconds to 60
- Added a 0.5 ability power ratio
- Feast size per stack reduced from 0.09 / 0.15 / 0.18 to 0.07 / 0.11 / 0.15
- Feral Scream cooldown reduced from 20 to 17
- Increased range from 800 to 900
- Modified mana cost from 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 to 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120
- Vorpal Spikes
- Increased damage from 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 to 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120
- Increased ability power ratio from 0.25 to 0.33
- NEW VO
- Feast bug fixed which caused the level up tooltip to not display
- Name changed to Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void
- Increased base size (decreased size per stack of Feast slightly)
- Rupture damage increased from 65 / 125 / 185 / 245 / 305 to 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 305
- Feral Scream damage increased from 60 / 120 / 180 / 240 / 300 to 80 / 130 / 180 / 240 / 300
- Vorpal Spikes range increased by 50
- Increased movement speed from 310 to 315
- Increased base damage from 50 to 56
- Increased mana per level from 35 to 40
- Increased attack range from 125 to 130
- Carnivore heal increased from 15-72 from 30-72
- Feast bug fixed cuasing the particle to display on champions incorrectly
- Max health to consume is now a flat value of 300 / 550 / 800 (form being able to consume up to 1,000)
- Will no longer penetrate abilities like Guardian Angel, Chronoshift, Undying Rage
July 10, 2009 Patch
- Rewrote tooltip to make more sense
- No longer kills units with Guardian Angel, Chronoshift, etc
June 26, 2009 Patch
Journal of Justice