Athene's Unholy Grail
|Effects:||+40 Ability Power|
+25 Magic Resist
+20% Cooldown Reduction
+75% Base Mana Regen
|Passive:||Aching Blood: Gain 20% of the pre-midigation damage dealt to champions as Blood Charges, up to 100-250 max. Healing or Shielding another ally consumes charges to heal them, up to the orginal effect amount. |
Harmony: Increases Base Health Regeneration by 100% if current Health % is lower than current Mana %. Increases Base Mana Regeneration by 100% if current Mana % is lower than Current Health.
is a legendary item in League of Legends.
- Athene's Unholy Grail is generally used by champions such as Galio who would build a Chalice of Harmony for the mana regeneration and magic resist bonuses.
- Tends to be very common on poke-reliant champions such as Lux or Nidalee for it provides helpful cooldown reduction and mana for continued harass, even without the Ancient Golem's buff.
- Defense > Magic Resist
- Magic > Ability Power
- Magic > Mana Regen
- Magic > Cooldown Reduction
- The item is named after Athene, a summoner who got 1,000 referrals and is a popular figure in video gaming, most notable for playing World of Warcraft prior to League of Legends.
- Athene's Unholy Grail was codenamed "Chalice of Discord" before its final name was settled upon.
- This nickname is an ironic contrast to its lesser component item Chalice of Harmony, and its probably intended to highlight the more offensive properties of the item.
Heals allies based on damage recently dealt. No longer restores mana on kill or assist.
Athene’s Unholy Grail has taken on a new role as a team sustain item for aggressive supports (and off-supports) like Lulu, Morgana, and Karma. These enchantresses naturally alternate between directly engaging in combat and protecting their team; Athene’s rewards them for striking an optimal balance by granting them
TOTAL COST : 2700 gold ⇒ 2250 gold
BUILD PATH : Chalice of Harmony + Fiendish Codex + 450 gold
ABILITY POWER : 60 ⇒ 40
MANA REGENERATION : 100% ⇒ 75%
REMOVED NO MORE RESETS : No longer restores 20% of your maximum mana on kill or assist
NEW ACHING BLOOD : UNIQUE Passive - 20% of pre-mitigation damage you deal to champions is gained as Blood Charges, up to a cap of 100-250 (at levels 1-18). Healing or shielding an ally consumes your current Blood Charges to heal that ally.
NEW HARMONY : Grants 100% base health regen per 5 seconds if your current health percentage is lower than your current mana percentage. Grants 100% base mana regen per 5 seconds if your current mana percentage is lower than your current health percentage.
See above. Or we could paste the above. Which we will now do.
Collateral buffs from our Frost Queen's Claim investigations. Specifically, it seems like we were overvaluing what those unique passives were doing for the item. Having cheaper alternatives should help with build diversity.
COMBINE COST : 565 gold ⇒ 465 gold
TOTAL COST : 2800 gold ⇒ 2700 gold
TOTAL cost : 2700 gold ⇒ 2800 gold
BUILD path : Chalice of Harmony + Fiendish Codex + Amplifying Tome + 565 gold
The same thing as Morellonomicon, except this item is a cup.
- "See above for our thought process, including the all-capital question."
- TOTAL COST : Unchanged
- RECIPE :
Fiendish Codex + Chalice of Harmony + 980 gold ⇒ Fiendish Codex + Chalice of Harmony + Amplifying Tome + 545 gold
More mana regeneration, EVERYWHERE.
- "The challenge with Athene's Unholy Grail is that it's an item basically designed for passive play. Defensive stats, tons of mana regeneration (and, in previous iterations, mana regen that ramped up the more mana you used), cooldown reduction - you get the deal. Because of this, we're a little reticent to just outright bring this bad boy back onto the scene. That said, there's also (currently) a world where Morellonomicon is the default mana regeneration item, which skews certain stats (healing, health regeneration) in different ways as well. We're trying hard not to make this a patch note about Morellonomicon (too late), but can at least afford to bring some parity between mana regeneration items."
- MANA REGEN :
50% ⇒ 100%
- MANA RESTORE ON KILL/ASSIST :
15% ⇒ 30%
This is going to get repetitive. More mana regeneration!
- "More mana regeneration!"
- PASSIVE MANA RESTORE :
1.5% of missing mana every 5 seconds ⇒ 2% of missing mana every 5 seconds
- TOTAL COST :
2600 gold ⇒ 2700 gold (combine cost decreased by 20 gold, inherits Chalice of Harmony's 120 gold cost increase)
- MANA REGENERATION :
+10 mana per 5 seconds ⇒ +50% base mana regeneration
- UNIQUE PASSIVE : Mana Font
Increases mana regeneration by 1% per 1% of missing mana ⇒ Restores 1.5% of missing mana every 5 seconds
- MAGIC RESIST:
40 ⇒ 25
- MANA REGENERATION:
15 mana per 5 seconds ⇒ 10 mana per 5 seconds
- PASSIVE MANA RESTORATION ON KILL / ASSIST:
12% ⇒ 15%
- Cooldown reduction increased to 20% from 15%
- Combine cost reduced to 900 from 920 (total cost reduced to 2,600 gold from 2,800)
- Ability power reduced from 90 to 60
- Unique Passive is now named "Mana Font"
- Cost changed from 2,950 (500) to 2,800 (920)
- Ability power increased to 90 from 80
- Magic resist increased to 40 from 36
- Athene's Unholy Grail added