| Background Information
|| Zaqueri Black
| Country of Birth:
|| September 8, 1992
|| North America
|| Counter Logic Gaming
| Previous Role:
| Favorite champions:
| Alternate IDs:
|| FeaR Aphromoo, Veinzx, nJoy Drop, Neruma, TheycallmeZorro, LegitJJ, v8 Aphromoo, Daphro, Zebuum, Zeemeeandye, Illia
| Peak League:
|| Challenger I (NA) 838 LP
| Social Media and Links
| Team History
| Share this Page
Zaqueri "Aphromoo" Black is the support for Counter Logic Gaming.
Zaqueri "Aphromoo" Black hails from Whittier, California in the United States.
League of Legends Career
Aphromoo played on several League of Legends teams starting in 2011. He began to gain recognition as the AD Carry player of v8 eSports, where he played with PhantomL0rd, Muffinqt, and Unstoppable, among others. He and Muffinqt were known as a strong duo lane and would play together again on mTw.NA, mMe Ferus, and Team FeaR. During this time, he gained huge popularity as a streamer. In December 2012, Aphromoo asked his viewers if they would still watch him play if he switched his role to support; he then joined Counter Logic Gaming as their support player.
Even after switching to support, Aphromoo's stream remained popular, and he became famous for his Leona play; Aphromoo's popularity is often credited as being part of the reason that support became a more popular role to play, along with the season 4 changes to support gold income and itemization. The CLG duo lane of Aphromoo and Doublelift gained huge popularity, and were nicknamed by fans as the "Rush Hour" duo. However, in May 2013 Aphromoo was removed from the CLG roster, as part of a large set of changes including Nientonsoh joining the team in the toplane, Chauster moving to support, HotshotGG stepping down, and bigfatlp moving into the jungle.
On October 7th, 2013 Team Curse announced a new lineup including Pobelter, Aphromoo, Zekent, and IWillDominate; however, on October 13th Aphromoo was released from Team Curse. He remained teamless until January 2014, when he was re-added to the CLG starting lineup as their starting support. Aphromoo has been CLG's support player since, and the botlane of Doublelift and Aphromoo are considered by many to be the strongest duo lane in North America.
For the first eight weeks of the spring split, CLG were never lower in the standings than tied for second place, and the only reason they didn't receive a playoff bye was that they lost a second-place tie breaker to Cloud9 and so ended up in third place. CLG fans called the split CLG's "golden age," but the question still remained whether CLG could perform in the playoffs, especially after a dramatic comeback loss to Team SoloMid the first time the two teams met in the round robin. Ultimately, CLG were unable to perform in playoffs, as they lost to Team Liquid in the quarterfinals and ended the split tied for fifth place with Gravity.
Echoing their spring split performance, CLG started the summer split strong, in first place at the end of each of the first four weeks and then lost four games in a row to finish tied for fifth after week six. This time, however, they rebounded and ended the season in second, behind Team Liquid and with a 13-5 record. They received a bye in the first round of the playoffs and then swept both Team Impulse and Team SoloMid 3-0, to win their first LAN event since MLG Raleigh in 2011 nearly four years prior and receive North America's top seed to Worlds. Despite having a relatively easy group draw with KOO Tigers, Flash Wolves, and paiN Gaming, CLG didn't advance from their Worlds group, ending with a 2-4 record including a loss to paiN.
After two major roster changes - Stixxay replacing long-time AD carry Doublelift and HuHi replacing Pobelter - CLG attended IEM San Jose in November 2015, where they defeated Unicorns of Love and Jin Air Green Wings before losing to Origen. Their performance earned them a seed into IEM Katowice, which they attended after the seventh week of the LCS. However, despite being in a strong position domestically, in second place behind only the almost-undefeated Immortals (to whom CLG had handed their only loss of the season the week before), CLG were eliminated immediately from Katowice, losing first to SK Telecom T1 and then to Fnatic.
CLG entered the LCS playoffs in second place, still behind Immortals, and still the only team to have beaten Immortals in the regular season. They won their semifinal series against Team Liquid in five games, winning the last game with a double teleport play to catch out Piglet and close out a win. Despite seeding expectations, their finals match was against TSM, who had 3-0'd Immortals the week before. This series also went to five games, and CLG once again won, qualifying for the Mid-Season Invitational.
- Favorite AD carries are Draven and Tristana.
- Played as a Tauren Druid during his World of Warcraft career, hence his in-game name.
- Favorite PS2 game is Gauntlet Dark Legacy.
- Has partnered with Dyrus to play a dunking combo of "Kareem Abdul Jabbar" ( Jarvan IV, and Leona).
- Known to favor less-popular AD carries in the past, such as Draven, Miss Fortune, Twitch, Varus and Quinn. He was one of the original pioneers of these champions.
- Reached rank one on the North American server on November 3rd, 2012, playing Draven.
- His bot lane with Doublelift had many nicknames, including "Aphrolift," "Doublemoo, and "Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan AKA Rush Hour."
- Favorite movie is 5 Centimeters per Second.
- Loves to play Blitzcrank and Leona.
- Known to have an extremely entertaining stream.
- Donated $2000 for the "Siv HD MASSIVE CHARITY EVENT".
- Was temporarily banned for Elo boosting in March 2013 along with several other pro players including Rhux, Xmithie, Meteos, DontMashMe, Nyjacky, and Chuuper.
- Did not like supporting in Season 3, but as the Season 4 changes came by, he started to enjoy support much more.
Current Season Statistics
| NA LCS 2016 Summer Statistics
- Click here for full 2016 season statistics.
- March 26th, CLG Vlogs: Aphromoo on life with CLG, TSM Evo, and returning to streaming
- April 17th, Aphromoo and Link vlog: The CLG LCS Spring Playoffs Preview
- July 3rd, CLG.Aphromoo vlog: Current meta of support picks and an update on team morale
- September 8th, CLG Vlogs: Aphromoo and Zuna updates on CLG
- October 20th, CLG Vlogs: Aphromoo reflects on last year
- November 14th, Team iBUYPOWER vlog: Texas bonding, IEM Cologne and outtakes!
- November 22nd, Doublelift+Aphromoo iBUYPOWER Vlog: Rush Hour re-signs, roster and moving
- January 18th, Aphromoo: "We Wanted to Show We Didn't Make the Wrong Decision in Removing Double, Pretty Sure We… with G|League
- January 25th, Aphromoo compares Stixxay to Doublelift: 'He's on par mechanics-wise' with theScore
- February 23rd, Aphromoo on taking down Immortals: 'We have to attack their core' with theScore
- March 1st, Aphromoo on IMT Game: “We Were the Puppet Masters” with Travis on Yahoo Esports
- March 2nd, Aphromoo on facing SKT at IEM: 'Hopefully we don’t get pooped on' with Skye on theScore
- March 2nd, Aphromoo on IMT Game: “We Were the Puppet Masters” with Yahoo
- March 20th, Aphromoo on CLG's playstyle: 'People view it as split pushing because Darshan is so good' with Lisa on theScore
- April 8th, [LoL] Head-to-Head: Matt vs. Aphromoo with theScore
- April 10th, Aphromoo breaks down CLG vs. TL, predicts TSM to beat IMT with Yahoo!
- April 17th, aphromoo: 'TSM’s bottom lane was the weak point of their team' with theScore
- May 4th, aphromoo on MSI: 'All the supports here know how to hit the go button...in NA, not so much' with Marcel Feldkamp on theScore
- February 1st, Aphromoo on Counter Logic Gaming's 2015 (video) with onGamers
- February 22nd, Aphromoo explains how Doublelift must now adapt to CLG's new style (video) with onGamers
- March 27th, League Legacies: CLG Aphromoo with Azubu
- June 1st, Aphromoo Explains How CLG's New Coach Has Dramatically Changed Their Days with GameSpot
- June 6th, CLG Aphromoo: "We stopped trusting each other" with TeamLiquid
- July 8th, CLG Aphromoo - 20 Questions with HyperX
- June 9th, Aphromoo and Zionspartan Break Down Their Loss to TSM and What It Means with GameSpot
- July 15th, Aphromoo Explains In-Depth How He Used His "QWER" Keys to Overcome His Enemies with GameSpot
- July 22nd, Aphromoo and His Father Talk About Family Support in the LCS with GameSpot
- August 15th, Ridiculous Aphro and Double Reaction Interview After TIP Games with Gamespot
- September 20th, EITHER/OR with CLG's Aphromoo with TheScore
- October 1st, CLG vs FW - Aphromoo Interview with Twitch
- October 2nd, Aphromoo om vinsterna, det bästa med Doublelift och att vilja möta kinesiska botlanes with Fragbite
- October 2nd, Very Serious Doublelift and Aphromoo Interview: "We Have 100% Chance of Getting out of Groups" with Gamespot
- November 21st, Map Awareness S02E09 with Aphromoo with SK Gaming
- November 24th, Aphromoo and Stixxay on adapting to new carries, preparing for 2016, and reacting to Origen's map play with theScore
- December 14th, Aphromoo on CLG's changes: 'I think we'll prove that the decisions we did make were right' with theScore
- January 6th, Travis catches up with Aphromoo at the Grid Cyber Lounge, CLG Camp Tournament (video) with onGamers
- January 19th, CLG Botlane: Doublelift and Aphromoo talk playing with Hotshot and super week (video) with onGamers
- February 23rd, Aphromoo talks about hating Kelby and how to fix XDG (video) with onGamers
- March 30th, Aphromoo talks about match against TSM and XDG during Week 10 of LCS (video) with onGamers
- May 25th, Doublelift and Aphromoo talk about the first weekend of Summer Split LCS w/ cameos from the rest of CLG (video) onGamers
- July 2nd, Ask The Pros: CLG's Aphromoo with LoL Esports
- July 4th, Aphromoo talks about his gaining popularity as a support player (video) onGamers
- August 21st, DRIVE: The Aphromoo Story LoL Esports
- September 9th, Doublelift and Aphromoo on the results of their promotion match and what's next (video) onGamers
- January 9th, An Interview with CLG's New Support, Aphromoo with Team Dignitas
- February 7th, Aphromoo talks about joining CLG, missing mom, Thresh and more (video) with GameSpot
- February 28th, LCS Week 4 - Aphromoo - Hoping to Lighten the Support Stereotype (video) with Leaguepedia
- March 30th, League of Legends LCS WK7 - Aphromoo - TSM vs. CLG (video) with MachinimaVS
- March 31st, Doublelift and Aphromoo talk about Bot Lane Tension and more (video) with GameSpot
- May 24th, Aphromoo on his Streaming Experience (video) with MachinimaVS
- June 29th, Aphromoo Interview - MLG Anaheim 2013 (video) with Leaguepedia
- November 7th Aphromoo discusses his return to CLG, season 4, supports and more (video) with onGamers
Articles & Videos
CLG Aphomoo in 2014 Season
CLG Aphromoo NALCS 2015 Spring
- ↑ Aphromoo - Best Support NA (video) youtube.com
- ↑ Team Curse Roster Changes teamcurse.net
- ↑ Aphromoo's Twitter Post twitter.com
- ↑ CLG Profile clgaming.net
- ↑ An Interview with CLG's New Support, Aphromoo team-dignitas.net
- ↑ SIVHD is streaming right now for charity. Tune in/donate to support "Save the Children" reddit.com
- ↑ LCS Competition Rulings: NA Elo-Boosters forums.na.leagueoflegends.com